Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Backlog"
(→Session data: -- no issues with this in the past)
(→Create a Class link doesn't work: how to approach fixing those)
|Line 91:||Line 91:|
[[Special:AdminLinks]] "Semantic search" is blank.
[[Special:AdminLinks]] "Semantic search" is blank.
==Please set wgAllowUserJs to true==
==Please set wgAllowUserJs to true==
Revision as of 14:17, 27 January 2018
- 1 The Directory needs more admins
- 2 Public bug trackers for FSF run websites
- 3 Remove duplications
- 4 Upload scripts
- 5 Debian Packaging System
- 6 Semantic Forms
- 7 Create a Class link doesn't work
- 8 Please set wgAllowUserJs to true
- 9 Add a list for inbuilt extensions
- 10 Templates
- 11 Invalid HTML
- 12 Portals
- 13 FSF staff tasks
- 14 XML update
- 15 Set empty default values
- 16 License issues
- 16.1 List incomplete IceCat add-ons
- 16.2 Add required text for License
- 16.3 List unapproved IceCat add-ons
- 16.4 Entries with empty Licence fields should not be able to approve
- 16.5 License list is incomplete
- 16.6 Remove duplicated text in license link in form
- 16.7 License notes
- 17 Free_Software_Directory:Requirements
- 18 Related issues
- 19 Approved revs bug
- 20 W3M / text based browser is hard to use forms
- 21 Special FSD pages
- 22 OpenSearch installation error
The Directory needs more admins
To few admins working on this backlog and it has negative impact on regular contributors, they don't think the Directory seems to be very professional.
Here's a list of users that we propose:
- Saper (propsed by adfeno and David_Hedlund): saper is good at SMW (he suggested this improvement for example: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Template:Print_license&diff=48857&oldid=17085)
Public bug trackers for FSF run websites
This issue have been posted on the Directory-Discuss mailing-list.
- Matt Lee will set up a bug tracker for the FSD. He asked us to contact him 20th January 2017.
- I contacted Matt 25th January and he told me that he would have a look at it.
AFAIK there are no pages on directory.fsf.org that deal with internal bugs and feedback and perhaps it should not: I vote for a dedicated bug tracker.
Meanwhile, we'll keep using this page.
Remove duplicated entries
- Duplication of entries in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Special:ApprovedRevs
- Some entries has duplications of "Extension or Plugin". For example, https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus has 3 Iridium entries listed.
- This was asked to email@example.com over one year ago:
The value of |Extension of= is displayed twice in some entries (one year ago perhaps 5 duplicated were displayed but John Sullivan and/or Joshua Gay managed to fix most of the duplicates either by himself or someone else). For example, "Add to Search Bar" appear twice there, but "Aardvark" appear only once.
The duplicates also affect lists that the entries are in, see this page for test purpose that I've set up: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
> I contacted Joshua in March this year about this and he responded. > "I will look into this. I am not sure why the redirects are making it > show-up twice. It shouldn't. However fixing it is not a simple matter of > removing them -- it is a bug in the software." Please report the bug to firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Dr Richard Stallman President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org) Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org) Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.
Remove duplicated short description
email@example.com ticket: [gnu.org #1205033]
Short description now appear automatically on software entry pages.
We had to copy the short description into the full description before thus creating duplicated text. The job to do now is to remove those duplicates. I added this to the Backlog.
There should be a space dedicated for scripts that can be downloaded by FSD volunteer.
Debian Packaging System
The Debian Package Tracking System produces RDF metadata and is already included in DBpedia. For example, here's a 'Turtle' representation of the GIMP package https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gimp.ttl
If all Debian packages are not in the FSD, they could be added by consuming their RDF. If we incorporate their data systematically, then our data becomes easily updated and synchronized by bot.
The IRC resource is displayed twice like this on IceCat for example.
IRC general channel [irc:chat.freenode.net/icecat irc:chat.freenode.net/icecat]
Multiple category text broken
[Same issue as described here in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Page_Forms/Archive_October_to_December_2013]
- Click on Admin links
- I fill out all the fields, then click create. A page is displayed telling me that " Properties, template, form and category will be created. "
But nothing happens
- Resource info -> Resource kind: Chat (not all software offer IRC chat, Zcash only offer https://chat.zcashcommunity.com/ for example)
- Resource info -> Resource kind: Public keys (https://z.cash/support/pubkeys.html)
Special:AdminLinks "Semantic search" is blank.
- Comment: To fix all of the above MediaWiki debugging needs to be enabled. It is also good to see the PHP error log. « Saper // @talk » 13:17, 27 January 2018 (EST)
Please set wgAllowUserJs to true
- I cannot use they nice tool
- Hotcat is also pretty interesting:
This code is MW version safe. It should run on any MediaWiki installation >= MW 1.15. Note that HotCat is supposed to run with or without jQuery, and also on older installations that do not yet have window.mw.- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js
Add a list for inbuilt extensions
Each entry represent a list titled Extensions, plug-ins, or add-ons for this program (see |Extension of= in Template:Entry). We should add a Inbuilt extensions, plug-ins, or add-ons for this program. For example IceCat has plenty of inbuilt add-ons.
- Import ref from Wikipedia so we can use
<ref>Reference goes here</ref>. This is perhaps the single most important Template to import.
- Import https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Mbox
The IceCat entry in the FSD is not valid.
84 errors was discovered. Can you please work to make the wiki valid?
I found out that IceCat add-ons like Snap Links Plus cannot be used to open multiple links for example. I really need it to work to work effectively.
Wikipedia have Portals, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Free_software and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Java
- Should we start Portal:IceCat?
FSF staff tasks
Some work, like modifying the source files of MediaWiki, cannot be done by MediaWiki users themselves. I gather such tasks here so the FSF staff can help us fix them.
- Clean up http://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special%3AListUsers&username=&group=bureaucrat&limit=500 from inactive users said Tedt.
- As discusses years ago, the fund-raising banner if counter-productive for the FSD developers. It will disappear if you block static.fsf.org with uBlock Origin, the problem is that the toolbar will be place in the middle of the screen. Can you make this solution scalable?
- The GNU FDL is linked to in the footer, where is the text "A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”." The FSF staff need to remove it, see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#How_do_I_change_the_footer.3F for how to do it.
- Donald. Can you please add something like this to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/User:Donaldr3?: "I've been contributing for the fsf.org site since 23th November 2010."
- The "JOIN FSF NOW" image to right top should use "https" in the link. Please let me know if I can do this myself, I don't fine where to do it.
- Decrease the gap between the topics in the sidebar by modifying the corresponding CSS file. MediaWiki:Sidebar cannot be modified to do that and community users cannot modify the CSS, this has to be done by the FSF staff.
- Content must be cached for many SpecialPages to be useful. For example Special:UnwatchedPages
- https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Special:Upload message when I hit the "Upload file" button:
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/[...]". Can you please check the user rights for "/local-backend/local-public/"?
- Please add back the "Upload file" to MediaWiki:Sidebar once fixed.
- Upload icecat_delays.png
Please study these XML outputs in IceCat
- https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Special:Export/IceCat/NoScript (view-source)
- https://addons.mozilla.org/api/v3/addons/addon/noscript/ (view-source)
It's time to export the old add-on list https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:IceCat_extensions_(proposed)/ from the FSD, then import the new list with 600̈́+ add-ons, then merge the extra field from the backup to it.
My example (look for differences) when I want to import 600 add-ons:
Set empty default values
This is a Semantic MediaWiki issue.
I find that most of my problems concerning empty or missing properties in a template are helped by setting default template values. You might need to poke runJobs.php. Then you can query on the default value. So you might have Template:Software looking like:
Software license: None
Then you can pick out the pages with undeclared software license by ask'ing on None to get the ones that aren't declared.
List incomplete IceCat add-ons
Add required text for License
For Create, when a user try to save the page with Homepage not filled out the text There were errors with your form input; see below. will appear on the Save tab. On the General info tab the text Homepage URL (required) cannot be blank text will appear.
However, there are no text that says that License fields must be filled if they are not.
List unapproved IceCat add-ons
We could reuse the source of https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ApprovedRevs&show=unapproved so we can tweak to show only unapproved IceCat add-ons.
Entries with empty Licence fields should not be able to approve
It should only be possible to approve entries with filled License fields. This policy must include the automatic approval when pages are save.
License list is incomplete
How do we list all 251 licenses found in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category:License to "Edit -> Licenses" for entries?
Currently the license list found under "Licenses" is a hybrid of a dropdown but you can also add text by hand there too. This is not good as only selected licenses will show up:
- I added this page: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Creative_Commons_Attribution_Share-Alike_4.0
- I Added "Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0" to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Anti-Adblock_Killer
- Anti-Adblock Killer is not listed in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat/Greasemonkey. It will list Anti-Adblock Killer only if I select a license from the list
Therefore is should neither be possible to enter licenses in free text, it should be a dropdown menu only.
- I added "Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0" to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Property:License. Lets see if it shows up.
- Should https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Property:License_text be modified to string?
"License:MPLv2.0" should go to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:MPLv2.0 not https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:License:MPLv2.0
(which currently show https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=License:License:MPLv2.0&action=edit&redlink=1 as the page have not been created as it is not valid).
Please check if other licenses in the list are affected as well.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to a FSD entry. Example https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
- Click Edit -> Licenses. Click "Add another" and select "License: MPLv2.0"
- Save the page
- Go to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat#tab=Details which now show "License:MPLv2.0" instead of "MPLv2.0"
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/blob/master/LICENSE.txt Addendum: Some of the 3rd-party filters (simple data files) in this software are under non-free licenses. However, it is not clear that the works in question are actually subject to copyright or that the licensing terms could apply. As such, we urge you to use redistribute those filters with caution that someone may try to claim copyright on the works.
However, this message did not appear in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/UBlock_Origin#tab=Details
From https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory_talk:Requirements I think this should be added to the page:
- Click on "Create account" at top right in this wiki to create a Free Software Foundation Central Login Username. Log in.
- Adding a description at you profile page is optional but not doing so might trick people that your user is inactive as your link text will remain red.
LibreJS add new lines to MediaWiki - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-librejs/2016-10/msg00000.html
Approved revs bug
On the main entry pages, there is a bug where if a page has had at least one approval, then a non-admin edits it, the main page shows the latest edit instead of the last approved revision.
W3M / text based browser is hard to use forms
report from mailing list:
Special FSD pages
OpenSearch installation error
Free Software Directory search can be installed from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fsf-directory/?src=ss but not from Free Software Directory search (I approved this entry for this test purposes only). --David Hedlund (talk) 23:56, 16 April 2015 (EDT)
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.