Free Software Directory:Backlog active
- 1 Antifeatures
- 2 Bug tracker
- 3 Please set wgAllowUserJs to true
- 4 Templates
- 5 Invalid HTML
- 6 Portals
- 7 FSF staff tasks
- 8 XML update
- 9 License issues
- 9.1 List incomplete IceCat add-ons
- 9.2 Add required text for License
- 9.3 List unapproved IceCat add-ons
- 9.4 Entries with empty Licence fields should not be able to approve
- 9.5 License list is incomplete
- 9.6 Remove duplicated text in license link in form
- 9.7 License notes
- 10 Semantic Forms
- 11 Free_Software_Directory:Requirements
- 12 Related issues
AFAIK there are no pages on directory.fsf.org that deal with internal bugs and feedback and perhaps it should not: I vote for a dedicated bug tracker.
Meanwhile, we need to add the bug form seen at https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/User:Mattl to Free_Software_Directory:IceCat_extensions_(proposed) but it is not simple and just copy the code. What is missing?
Please set wgAllowUserJs to true
- I cannot use they nice tool
- Hotcat is also pretty interesting:
This code is MW version safe. It should run on any MediaWiki installation >= MW 1.15. Note that HotCat is supposed to run with or without jQuery, and also on older installations that do not yet have window.mw.- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js
- Import ref from Wikipedia so we can use
<ref>Reference goes here</ref>. This is perhaps the single most important Template to import.
The IceCat entry in the FSD is not valid.
84 errors was discovered. Can you please work to make the wiki valid?
I found out that IceCat add-ons like Snap Links Plus cannot be used to open multiple links for example. I really need it to work to work effectively.
Wikipedia have Portals, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Free_software and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Java
- Should we start Portal:IceCat?
FSF staff tasks
Some work, like modifying the source files of MediaWiki, cannot be done by MediaWiki users themselves. I gather such tasks here so the FSF staff can help us fix them.
- Can you please add this to the topic?: | FSF meetings each friday (to calculate your UTC run: date -d "18:00 UTC this Fri")
- https://www.fsf.org/associate/forum/ is broken for Abrowser (safe-mode tested).
- The GNU FDL is linked to in the footer, where is the text "A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”." The FSF staff need to remove it, see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#How_do_I_change_the_footer.3F for how to do it.
- Donald. Can you please add something like this to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/User:Donaldr3?: "I've been contributing for the fsf.org site since 23th November 2010."
- The "JOIN FSF NOW" image to right top should use "https" in the link. Please let me know if I can do this myself, I don't fine where to do it.
- Decrease the gap between the topics in the sidebar by modifying the corresponding CSS file. MediaWiki:Sidebar cannot be modified to do that and community users cannot modify the CSS, this has to be done by the FSF staff.
- Content must be cached for many SpecialPages to be useful. For example Special:UnwatchedPages
- https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Special:Upload message when I hit the "Upload file" button:
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/[...]". Can you please check the user rights for "/local-backend/local-public/"?
- Please add back the "Upload file" to MediaWiki:Sidebar once fixed.
- Upload icecat_delays.png
Please study these XML outputs in IceCat
- https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Special:Export/IceCat/NoScript (view-source)
- https://addons.mozilla.org/api/v3/addons/addon/noscript/ (view-source)
It's time to export the old add-on list https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:IceCat_extensions_(proposed)/ from the FSD, then import the new list with 600̈́+ add-ons, then merge the extra field from the backup to it.
My example (look for differences) when I want to import 600 add-ons:
List incomplete IceCat add-ons
Add required text for License
For Create, when a user try to save the page with Homepage not filled out the text There were errors with your form input; see below. will appear on the Save tab. On the General info tab the text Homepage URL (required) cannot be blank text will appear.
However, there are no text that says that License fields must be filled if they are not.
List unapproved IceCat add-ons
We could reuse the source of https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ApprovedRevs&show=unapproved so we can tweak to show only unapproved IceCat add-ons.
Entries with empty Licence fields should not be able to approve
It should only be possible to approve entries with filled License fields. This policy must include the automatic approval when pages are save.
License list is incomplete
How do we list all 251 licenses found in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category:License to "Edit -> Licenses" for entries?
Currently the license list found under "Licenses" is a hybrid of a dropdown but you can also add text by hand there too. This is not good as only selected licenses will show up:
- I added this page: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Creative_Commons_Attribution_Share-Alike_4.0
- I Added "Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0" to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Anti-Adblock_Killer
- Anti-Adblock Killer is not listed in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat/Greasemonkey. It will list Anti-Adblock Killer only if I select a license from the list
Therefore is should neither be possible to enter licenses in free text, it should be a dropdown menu only.
- I added "Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0" to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Property:License. Lets see if it shows up.
- Should https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Property:License_text be modified to string?
"License:MPLv2.0" should go to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:MPLv2.0 not https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:License:MPLv2.0
(which currently show https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=License:License:MPLv2.0&action=edit&redlink=1 as the page have not been created as it is not valid).
Please check if other licenses in the list are affected as well.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to a FSD entry. Example https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
- Click Edit -> Licenses. Click "Add another" and select "License: MPLv2.0"
- Save the page
- Go to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat#tab=Details which now show "License:MPLv2.0" instead of "MPLv2.0"
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/blob/master/LICENSE.txt Addendum: Some of the 3rd-party filters (simple data files) in this software are under non-free licenses. However, it is not clear that the works in question are actually subject to copyright or that the licensing terms could apply. As such, we urge you to use redistribute those filters with caution that someone may try to claim copyright on the works.
However, this message did not appear in https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/UBlock_Origin#tab=Details
- Resource info -> Resource kind: Chat (not all software offer IRC chat, Zcash only offer https://chat.zcashcommunity.com/ for example)
- Resource info -> Resource kind: Public keys (https://z.cash/support/pubkeys.html)
Early issue - Remove duplicated entries
This was asked to email@example.com over one year ago:
The value of |Extension of= is displayed twice in some entries (one year ago perhaps 5 duplicated were displayed but John Sullivan and/or Joshua Gay managed to fix most of the duplicates either by himself or someone else). For example, "Add to Search Bar" appear twice there, but "Aardvark" appear only once.
The duplicates also affect lists that the entries are in, see this page for test purpose that I've set up: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
> I contacted Joshua in March this year about this and he responded. > "I will look into this. I am not sure why the redirects are making it > show-up twice. It shouldn't. However fixing it is not a simple matter of > removing them -- it is a bug in the software." Please report the bug to firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Dr Richard Stallman President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org) Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org) Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.
Special:AdminLinks "Semantic search" is blank.
From https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory_talk:Requirements I think this should be added to the page:
- Click on "Create account" at top right in this wiki to create a Free Software Foundation Central Login Username. Log in.
- Adding a description at you profile page is optional but not doing so might trick people that your user is inactive as your link text will remain red.
LibreJS add new lines to MediaWiki - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-librejs/2016-10/msg00000.html
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.