Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Backlog Admin Group"

From Free Software Directory
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Membership policy)
m (Members: typo)
(43 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The '''Backlog Admin Group''' ('''BAG''') is a dedicated group to work on our [[Free_Software_Directory:Backlog|Backlog]].
+
The Backlog Admin Group is a dedicated group started by [[User:David_Hedlund|David Hedlund]] to work on our [[Free_Software_Directory:Backlog|Backlog]].
  
 
==Members==
 
==Members==
 +
* '''Team Captain''': [[User:David_Hedlund|David Hedlund]] (Time zone: <code>Europe/Stockholm</code>)
 +
* '''Participant''': [[User:Adfeno|Adfeno]] (Time zone: <code>America/Sao_Paulo</code>)
 +
* '''Participant''': [[User:Saper|Saper]] (Time zone: <code>Europe/Warsaw</code>)
  
{| class="wikitable sortable" border="1" style="font-size:smaller"
+
====Candidates====
! User
+
* #mediawiki at irc.freenode.net if full of people that are skilled with ParserFunctions, we should gently ask if someone want to be part of our team.
! Real name
 
! Admin verification
 
! tz database time zone[1]
 
! Role
 
|-
 
! [[User:Adfeno|Adfeno]]
 
| Adonay Felipe Nogueira
 
| [https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ListUsers&offset=&limit=1&username=Adfeno&group=sysop Verified]
 
| <code>America/Sao_Paulo</code>
 
| Participant
 
|-
 
! [[User:David_Hedlund|David Hedlund]]
 
| David Hedlund
 
| [https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ListUsers&offset=&limit=1&username=David_Hedlund&group=sysop Verified]
 
| <code>Europe/Stockholm</code>
 
| Team Captain
 
|-
 
! [[User:LorenzoAncora|LorenzoAncora]]
 
| Lorenzo L. Ancora
 
| [https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ListUsers&offset=&limit=1&username=LorenzoAncora&group=sysop Verified]
 
| <code>Europe/Rome</code>
 
| Participant
 
|-
 
! [[User:Saper|Saper]]
 
| Marcin Cieślak
 
| [https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ListUsers&offset=&limit=1&username=Saper&group=sysop Verified]
 
| <code>Europe/Warsaw</code>
 
| Participant
 
|}
 
  
1: Used for meetings, example: <code>date --date='TZ="YOUR_TZ_DATABASE_TIME_ZONE" 12:00 this Fri'</code>
+
==Friday IRC meeting==
 
+
* https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Backlog#Donald<!-- always keep that link here -->
===Membership policy===
 
* The Backlog Admin Group only accept volunteers with [https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop Administrator] privileges.
 
* The leader the 1st day every month to improve the leadership skills for every member.
 
 
 
===Group issues===
 
* We'll schedule meetings every year or so to actually operate in group activity.
 
 
 
====Permissons====
 
During David's internship: The BAG members got full access to a fresh copy of the main server to investigate setting files etc:
 
* Browser: https://directory2p.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
 
* SSH: root@directory2p.fsf.org
 
 
 
The FSF will consider if we will keep it after David's internship.
 
 
 
I think we should keep these permissions for two reasons 1) the FSF will get gratis sysadmin work 2) the members in BAG will learn to work with the backend. For the moment only saper is a skilled MW admin but other group members would like learn how to maintain MW.
 
 
 
===Candidates===
 
* <code>#mediawiki</code> and <code>#semantic-mediawiki</code> at <code>chat.freenode.net</code> if full of people that are skilled with ParserFunctions, we should gently ask if someone want to be part of our team.
 
  
 
==Tools==
 
==Tools==
Line 60: Line 16:
 
* [[Sandbox2]] -- for a software/entry
 
* [[Sandbox2]] -- for a software/entry
 
* [[Free Software Directory:Sandbox]] -- for a page which isn't an entry
 
* [[Free Software Directory:Sandbox]] -- for a page which isn't an entry
 
==How to modify the form edit==
 
[[Free_Software_Directory:Hack|Hack]]
 
 
Modify:
 
* Property:<custom name>
 
* [[Form:Entry]] (click on Edit)
 
* [[Property:Has resource kind]]
 
* [[Property:License]]
 
* [[Property:Resource kind]]
 
* [[Template:Entry]]
 
* [[Template:Print entry]]
 
* [[Template:Print software category]]
 
* [[Template:Show]]
 
 
===How to add file upload to form edit===
 
 
==Set empty default values==
 
This is a Semantic MediaWiki issue.
 
 
I find that most of my problems concerning empty or missing properties in a template are helped by setting default template values. You might need to poke runJobs.php. Then you can query on the default value. So you might have Template:Software looking like:
 
 
Software license: [[SoftwareLicense::{{{LICENSE|None}}}]]
 
 
Then you can pick out the pages with undeclared software license by ask'ing on [[SoftwareLicense::None]] to get the ones that aren't declared.
 
 
== How to manage possible properties for an entry and its templates ==
 
 
Go to any entry and "Edit" it (without the form), in the bottom you will see a list of all templates it currently uses. {{Tl|Entry}} is the property-setter, and is the one used by [[Form:Entry]], so it doesn't display anything to the pages by itself. {{Tl|Print entry}} is a intermediary --- it prints somethings but only if called ---, {{Tl|Show}} calls {{Tl|Print entry}} and other intermediary templates in order to display things. In turn, the first thing that {{Tl|Entry}} does is to call {{Tl|Show}}, then it proceeds to do all the property settings.
 
 
[[Form:Entry]] or (the <code>Submit a new entry</code> link in the navigation menu) is used to display editable things that can be found in "Edit with form". When done, [[Form:Entry]] automatically makes a page which uses {{Tl|Entry}}.
 
 
==Issues==
 
 
===Main issue===
 
From https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Backlog#Update_the_license_field :
 
 
I've updated https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Property:License but https://directory.fsf.org/w/api.php?action=pfautocomplete&format=json&property=License&substr=MPL doesn't show the update. Same issue with the old server http://directory-dev.fsf.org/wiki/Property:License and http://directory-dev.fsf.org/w/api.php?action=pfautocomplete&format=json&property=License&substr=Foo
 
 
===Friday IRC meeting===
 
* The "Homepage" field should not mandatory to fill in entries. For example: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Icedove doesn't have any homepage and it shouldn't be set to the Thunderbird homepage because it's not free due to trade mark issues.
 
* https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Backlog#Donald<!-- always keep that link here -->
 
 
Should we add to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Requirements that we only permit data related to official releases? For example, the current Windows download link for [[IceCat]] is unofficial, but it's made by jenslody@fedoraproject.org
 
(20:43:02) David_Hedlund: But it's still a unofficial release. I think we should discuss this policy.
 
 
"—The Speex codec has been obsoleted by Opus. It will continue to be available, but since Opus is better than Speex in all aspects, users are encouraged to switch—" - https://www.speex.org/ . Should we remove speex from the Directory: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category/Works-with-format/speex
 
: You could provide a message like "this package is superseded by X".
 
: Also, what would happen if we remove a free/libre software from FSD, and after many years another project is added but depends on it. Surely the reviewer will want to know if Speex is free/libre based on the FSD or some free/libre distro repository.
 
: If we decide for "removing superseded  entries", then we will have the extra work of removing every one of these.
 
  
 
==External links==
 
==External links==
 
* [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words Magic words]
 
* [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words Magic words]
 
[[Category:Project Team]]
 

Revision as of 12:34, 9 February 2018

The Backlog Admin Group is a dedicated group started by David Hedlund to work on our Backlog.

Members

  • Team Captain: David Hedlund (Time zone: Europe/Stockholm)
  • Participant: Adfeno (Time zone: America/Sao_Paulo)
  • Participant: Saper (Time zone: Europe/Warsaw)

Candidates

  • #mediawiki at irc.freenode.net if full of people that are skilled with ParserFunctions, we should gently ask if someone want to be part of our team.

Friday IRC meeting

Tools

External links



Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.

The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.