Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Backlog active"

From Free Software Directory
Jump to: navigation, search
m (+tmpl. BacklogIssue; -direct link to proprietary service; = Promote online services?)
m (Removed domains and replaced non-libre services with Internet services.)
Line 1,061: Line 1,061:
  
 
{{Template:BacklogIssue|id=Promote online services|text=
 
{{Template:BacklogIssue|id=Promote online services|text=
I've observed that currently one of the major issues in libre community is that end-users are unaware of libre alternatives to non-libre services which forces the end-users to rely on non-libre services where the common practice seems to be libre service providers doing self-promotions by upstream and it's users e.g. <i><nowiki>https://github.com/PhoenicisOrg/phoenicis/pull/1917</nowiki></i> which may be viewed as obnoxious and subsequently harming the image of provided service.
+
I've observed that currently one of the major issues in libre community is that end-users are unaware of libre alternatives to online services which forces the end-users to rely on Internet services where the common practice seems to be libre service providers doing self-promotions by upstream and it's users e.g. Example: <i><nowiki>https://github.com/PhoenicisOrg/phoenicis/pull/1917</nowiki></i>.
  
Common real-life example based on my experience would be end-user using non-libre service like GitHub to host their code without being aware of services like gitea and it's providing networks like dotya.ml and snopyta.org which these users then migrade within a month after a discovery which was also how it happened in my case.
+
Common real-life example based on my experience would be end-user using Internet service like GitHub to host their code without being aware of services like gitea and it's providing networks which these users then migrate within a month after a discovery which was also how it happened in my case.
  
 
I believe that by promoting these services we can either solve this presented issue or contribute to it's solution. --[[User:Kreyren|Kreyren]] ([[User talk:Kreyren|talk]]) 21:05, 20 November 2020 (CET)
 
I believe that by promoting these services we can either solve this presented issue or contribute to it's solution. --[[User:Kreyren|Kreyren]] ([[User talk:Kreyren|talk]]) 21:05, 20 November 2020 (CET)

Revision as of 17:19, 20 November 2020


Info
See our infrastructure plan.

Please report confidential or urgent issues to bug-directory@gnu.org.


ⅉ It is a good idea to read the manual of Template:BacklogIssue before editing the page. ⅉ
Free Software Directory:Backlog/gobutton
Free Software Directory:Backlog/summarybutton

Append the new bugs you find in the FSD to this page.
Remember to follow the participation guide and sign your contribution. Thank you!


General issues

GNU packages

Template:BacklogIssue

Uncategorized

Template:BacklogIssue


Template:BacklogIssue

Is there a way for us to HTTP ping those without using JavaScript?
I think we'll need to add a dedicated script. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 15:26, 24 April 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue


Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

User:Adfeno changed Form:Entry so as to use input type=dropdown|values from namespace=License and Template:Print license to make links based on the old Property:License entry be corrected to the corresponding license in License namespace. However, the old entries weren't updated and, as a side effect, old entries with licenses not in License namespace may appear as blank dropdown when editing with Form:Entry, or appear as non-existing page when using Template:Show. --Adfeno (talk) 14:19, 17 July 2020 (EDT)
If this change is kept, then Property:License is no longer needed and, as explained in the comment being replied, the issues that are stalling this one must be fixed in order for this one to be closed, and to better reflect the plan to support SPDX notation. --Adfeno (talk) 14:26, 17 July 2020 (EDT)

General

Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue

David, clarification is required. Please specify the position of the site dumps. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 13:11, 14 June 2019 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue Template:BacklogIssue

That will require a free SaaSS (like https://webchat.freenode.net/) but we don't recommend third-party SaaSS in general, however I think this would be ok if the FSF should embed a web-based IRC widget into something like irc://webchat.fsf.org/fsf (for the Directory) and irc://webchat.fsf.org/libreplanet (for Libre Planet). However, the listed web-based IRC clients are not compatible with LibreJS, that must be fixed first. The authors of these programs accept patches, perhaps the FSF can evaluate which client the want to use and patch it? Related: IceCat, Free web-based IRC client replacement for Mibbit needed. --David Hedlund (talk) 02:22, 31 March 2018 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

On second thought we should use a dedicated module, so we can enlist the translations on the left user bar. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 15:01, 15 May 2020 (EDT)

Import

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Uncategorized issues

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

FSD:Backlog#Donald

Template:BacklogIssue

(20:43:02) David_Hedlund: But it's still a unofficial release. I think we should discuss this policy.

Client-side issues (Backlog Admin Group tasks)

These are issues that has effectively been collaborated in the Backlog Admin Group.

Template:TopPriorityBacklogIssue

Template:TopPriorityBacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:TopPriorityBacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Semantic MediaWiki

Template:TopPriorityBacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Semantic Forms

Template:BacklogIssue

Hi Felipe, please could you extend this issue by adding a link to a video/GIF which shows the steps to reproduce the bug in a popular web browser? --LorenzoAncora (talk) 08:29, 5 May 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

We won't abandon the existing table layout, however there is no reason for not making it adaptive, as HTML tables can be stylized like any other element and are still fully supported.
I believe we should add a CSS fix for small-screen/mobile devices. Feel free to propose (a tested) one during the next FSD meetings. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 08:29, 5 May 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

I do not agree with pt. 1 to 4 but I agree with pt. 5 and 6, at the following conditions: sum should be replaced with SHA or MD5 and "Test Entry" should be smaller and placed in the top-right angle of the form and not keyboard selectable. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 08:29, 5 May 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

This does not seem the best solution, how about adding a clarification near the copyright widget? --LorenzoAncora (talk) 08:29, 5 May 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

I agree only with pt. 1 and 4. We can do pt. 4 directly during the next meeting, but for pt. 1 we should take into account the DB. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 08:29, 5 May 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

This issue was already solved in your absence during the latest FSD meeting (May the 1st) by fixing the existing CSS to guarantee correct alignment and subdivision. For now it would not be wise to change the UX so much, but I suggest to keep your tip here for the future. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 08:29, 5 May 2020 (EDT)

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

I fully agree and I believe all should be bounded by well defined rules.
Having such systems and workflows in place is fundamental. If necessary, I am also willing to mentor during meetings. --LorenzoAncora (talk) 14:45, 31 January 2020 (EST)

Template:BacklogIssue


Server-side issues

Server-side issues for the FSF Staff

Some work, like modifying the source files of MediaWiki, cannot be done by MediaWiki users themselves. We gather such tasks here so the FSF staff can help us fix them.

Template:TopPriorityBacklogIssue

Monitoring MediaWiki

Template:BacklogIssue

Semantic MediaWiki

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Link text

Template:BacklogIssue

Remove duplication

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

MediaWiki

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue


Template:BacklogIssue


Template:BacklogIssue

I cannot use the tool mw.loader.load('//meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Hedonil/XTools/XTools.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript'); in my User:David_Hedlund/common.js.
Hotcat is also pretty interesting: This code is MW version safe. It should run on any MediaWiki installation >= MW 1.15. Note that HotCat is supposed to run with or without jQuery, and also on older installations that do not yet have window.mw. - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js

Template:BacklogIssue

Suggested solution: I think SMW can evaluate unapproved/uncategorized entries. However, https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Special:UncategorizedPages (and other #Special pages) are empty. --David Hedlund (talk) 15:39, 16 March 2018 (EDT)


Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Suggestions

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Donald

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Meetings

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Software issues

Server-side

The issues here are note issues in the Directory but in programs used by the project.

Template:BacklogIssue

MediaWiki

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue

Template:BacklogIssue



Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.

The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.