Free Software Directory:IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/Resources
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/About
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/Add-on list
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/Dev
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/FAQ
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/FSD bugs issue 1
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/Issues
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/License issues
- IceCat WebExtensions (proposed)/Resources
- See FSD:IceCat add-on third-party repositories for tools for the add-ons in this page.
- Language packs: Language packs are add-ons that let you to have more languages available for the user interface of IceCat. To find language packs for your version of IceCat, visit http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/, click on your version (also look in newer version of your release), then go to the langpacks directory.
- Search "gnuzilla" on https://filterlists.com/ if you want to subscribe to SpyBlock filters in uBlock Origin instead.
Privacy and security
Merged with "Privacy & Freedom Issues" links found at https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git/tree/data/settings.js
- https://audiofingerprint.openwpm.com/ - AudioContext Fingerprint
- https://browserleaks.com/canvas - HTML5 Canvas Fingerprinting
- https://browserleaks.com/webgl - WebGL Device Fingerprinting
Website and WebExtension issues
- AMO - https://addons.mozilla.org
- Firefox Test Pilot add-on - testpilot.firefox.com
- Mozilla Discourse - https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/ - support and feedback thread for some add-ons including uBlock Origin
- Dev-addons Mailing-list
- Mozilla Support - support.mozilla.org
- MozillaZine - forums.mozillazine.org
- babelzilla.org - "Our site and community are dedicated to provide localizations to extensions (for Mozilla-family apps using Gecko)"
- Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) and individual contributors. - https://developer.mozilla.org
- Mozilla Status Board - http://statusupdates.dev.mozaws.net/
- IRC - https://wiki.mozilla.org/IRC
- #amo-editors - add-on code review discussions
- #amo - addons.mozilla.org site
- #addons - general add-on support
- #extdev - extension development
By Firefox version:
- Firefox 55/56 support both legacy and WebExtensions.
- Firefox 57 only supports WebExtensions. Conclusion from https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#Add-ons_Schedule: ONLY WebExtensions will be supported in Firefox 57. See arewewebextensionsyet.com for status.
- Firefox 55 and 56 label old add-ons "LEGACY" in in the Add-ons Manager, like the integrated HTML5 Video Everywhere! add-on that ship with these versions.
- Firefox 57: Tools -> Add-ons -> Legacy Extensions
- Multiprocess: Multiprocess Firefox (multiprocess) aka Electrolysis (E10s) compatible. Add-on Compatibility Reporter label multiprocess add-ons "Compatible with multiprocess." or "Not compatible with multiprocess." in the Add-ons Manager.
Thunderbird and Seamonkey is not implementing the WebExtension infrastructure. - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/2017#Firefox_53
- Are you trying to get in touch with an abandoned add-on? You can message to email@example.com or the moderators of IRC channel #amo-editors on the irc.mozilla.org server. This is their policy:
- The AMO editors need a valid reason from you as they are not allowed to contact developers of add-ons themselves.
- They also need your e-mail address so that they can share that.
- You also need to give them permission to share your e-mail address so the person can get in contact with you.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.