Free Software Directory:Import
Since the Trisquel package database lists projects that are not currently in the FSD, and because they get updated with new version info with every release, it may be a good idea to import that data into the FSD in an automated way.
- The first challenge is to figure out what trisquel projects correspond to which FSD projects, and which ones have no match in the other database.
- Then, a program needs to read from the Trisquel package database, to gather all of the info.
- malberts was talking on irc about a program (the appnr api used by appnr.com) that downloads apt package info from a repository and then adds the info into a sql database, and offers an api for working with the data.
- Then a program needs to be written to automatically update FSD entries based on the Trisquel data.
- If/when the flagged revs plugin is installed, then those updates can be approved on a case-by-case basis, to make sure that things match, and nothing is broken.
If you'd like to help out with this effort, then drop me a message.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.