Free Software Directory:Participate
Anybody can create an account and update or submit new entries to the Directory. However, updates and new submissions need approval by an administrator before they will appear publicly. Logged-in users can tell if they are seeing the latest version of the page, or if there are newer versions of the page waiting for approval by a message at the top of the page.
- Not the latest version message: This is the approved revision of this page; it is not the most recent. View the most recent revision.
- Latest version message: This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
You can see a list of all approved pages and pages waiting for approval.
Submit new entries
To submit a new entry to the directory:
- Login to the directory
- Head to our entry page.
- Enter the name of the package or software program.
- You will be brought to a multi-part form -- don't panic! Only the first few fields are required.
- The final step is to go to the last tab and press the save button at the bottom.
Please note that when you save, your submission won't appear. Don't Panic! The reason it is not appearing is because it has been marked as "unapproved". After our team has reviewed your submission thoroughly, completed adding as much data as possible, and ensured it meets all of our guidelines, your submission will be published on the Directory.
Update an entry
To update an entry:
- Login to the directory
- Click "Edit With Form" at the top of the page you'd like to update.
Help us maintain and improve the Directory
Want to join others in the community and help curate and build the Free Software Directory? Join the directory-discuss list and send an email asking us how you can help!
If you are an administrator looking for directions, check out the workflow page.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.