UCS outline fonts.
The GNU FreeFont project aims to provide a useful set of free scalable (i.e., OpenType) fonts covering as much as possible of the ISO 10646/Unicode UCS (Universal Character Set). It includes:
- Latin, Cyrillic, and Arabic, with supplements for many languages
- Greek, Hebrew, Armenian, Georgian, Thaana, Syriac
- Devanagari, Bengali, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Oriya, Sinhala, Tamil, Malayalam
- Thai, Tai Le, Kayah Li, Hanunóo, Buginese
- Cherokee, Unified Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics
- Ethiopian, Tifnagh, Vai, Osmanya, Coptic
- Glagolitic, Gothic, Runic, Ugaritic, Old Persian, Phoenician, Old Italic
- Braille, International Phonetic Alphabet (and extensions)
- currency symbols, general punctuation and diacritical marks, dingbats
- mathematical symbols (including much of the TeX repertoire of symbols)
- technical symbols: APL, OCR, arrows,
- geometrical shapes, box drawing
- musical symbols, gaming symbols (chess, checkers, mahjong), miscellaneous symbols
DocumentationSelection from the FSF shop
If you have corrections to this entry or questions about it, please contact: mailto:email@example.com
released on 3 May 2012
OpenPGP signature URL: https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/freefont/freefont-ttf-20120503.zip.sig
Accepts cryptocurrency donations.
23 September 2010
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Debian (Ref) (R)||https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fonts-freefont|
|Debian (Ref) (R)||https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ttf-freefont|
|VCS Repository Webview||https://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/freefont|
|Required to build||FontForge (for compiling SFD to TrueType/OpenType/etc format)|
|Weak prerequisite||Python (used by automated build scripts, tests, etc)|
|Weak prerequisite||make (convenient automated build from Makefile)|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 11 January 2019.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.