Difference between revisions of "Freeipmi"
m (version 1.4.11)
m (git repo)
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
Revision as of 16:26, 30 October 2015
Platform management, including sensor and power monitoring
FreeIPMI is a collection of in-band and out-of-band IPMI software in accordance with the IPMI v1.5/2.0 specification. These programs provide a set of interfaces for platform management. Common functionality includes sensor monitoring, system event monitoring, power control and serial-over-LAN.
DocumentationFull documentation available at https://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/documentation.html
The following tools are distributed and supported by FreeIPMI.
- bmc-info: a tool to read information about a BMC such as device version numbers, device support, and globally unique IDs (guids).
- bmc-watchdog: a tool/daemon to manage a BMC Watchdog. This tool is typically used for system timeout management and automatic system restarts in the event of a system crash.
- ipmi-chassis: a tool to manage/monitor a chassis, such as chassis power, identification (i.e. LED control), and status.
- ipmi-fru: a tool to read field replaceable unit (FRU) information from a motherboard/machine.
- ipmi-sel: a tool to read and manage IPMI System Event Log (SEL) records. SEL records store system event information and may be useful for debugging problems.
- ipmi-sensors: a tool to read IPMI sensor readings and sensor data repository (SDR) information.
- ipmipower: a tool for remote power control.
- ipmiconsole: a tool for Serial-over-Lan (SOL) console access.
- ipmi-config: a tool to configure BMC and IPMI information. In can be used to configured usernames, passwords, networking information, security, Serial-over-LAN (SOL), Platform Event Filtering (PEF), boot devices, power restoration policy, sensor thresholds, sensor events, and many more configuration options.
- ipmi-raw: a tool that provides hex input/output of IPMI commands.
- ipmi-locate: a tool that can probe for information about the location of a BMC device, such as device addresses.
- ipmi-pet: a tool to parse and interpret Platform Event Traps (PET).
- ipmi-dcmi: a tool to perform Data Center Manageability Interface (DCMI) IPMI extension commands. Supports extensions for asset management and power usage management.
- bmc-device: a tool to perform advanced BMC commands, such as resetting the BMC, configuring ACPI, configuring SDR/SEL time, manually generating events, re-arming sensors, and configuring manufacturer settings.
- ipmiping: an IPMI ping tool for debugging.
- rmcpping: a RMCP ping tool for debugging.
- ipmi-oem: an IPMI tool for OEM specific commands.
- ipmidetect/ipmidetectd: a tool and daemon for IPMI node detection.
- ipmiseld: a daemon that regularly polls the SEL and stores the events to the local syslog.
Additional information, examples, and general trouble-shooting can be found in each of the tool manpages.
The following libraries are distributed and supported by FreeIPMI.
- libfreeipmi: a C library that includes KCS, SSIF, OpenIPMI Linux, and Solaris BMC drivers, IPMI 1.5 and IPMI 2.0 LAN communication interfaces, IPMI packet building utilities, IPMI command utilities, and utilities for reading/interpreting/managing IPMI. This library is for programmers intimately familiar with the IPMI protocol and IPMI specification.
Most users may wish to use the libraries listed below.
- libipmiconsole: a library for Serial-over-Lan (SOL) console access. SOL console access is abstracted into a file descriptor interface, so users may read and write console data through a file descriptor.
- libipmimonitoring: a library for sensor and system event log (SEL) monitoring that abstracts away most IPMI details. Interpretation of those sensors and events is abstracted into an API with an iterator interface.
- libipmidetect: a library for IPMI node detection.
released on 21 May 2020
OpenPGP signature URL: https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/freeipmi/freeipmi-1.6.5.tar.gz.sig
Accepts cryptocurrency donations.
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/freeipmi.git
2 May 2018
22 May 2020
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Git||VCS Repository Webview||https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freeipmi.git/|
|Required to use||libgcrypt-devel|
|Required to use||Guile|
|Required to use||readline library|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 22 May 2020.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.