GTK based ipod interface
gtkpod is a platform independent Graphical User Interface for Apple's iPod using GTK2. It supports the first to fourth Generation as well as the iPod mini, iPod Photo and the iPod shuffle. The new iPod nano is supported as well, but you need to call 'File->Create iPod's Directories' once before syncing. This restriction is lifted in the latest CVS version. Features include:
- Read your existing iTunesDB (i.e. import the existing contents of your iPod including playcounts, ratings and on-the-go playlists).
- Add MP3, WAV, M4A (non-protected AAC), M4B (audio book), and podcast files (single files, directories or existing playlists) to the iPod. You need a third party product to download podcasts, like 'bashpodder'
- Browse the contents of your local harddisk by album/artist/genre by adding all your songs to the 'local' database. From there the tracks can be dragged over to the iPod/Shuffle easily.
- Create and modify playlists, including smart playlists.
- You can choose the charset the ID3 tags are encoded in from within gtkpod. The default is the charset currently used by your locale setting.
- Extract tag information (artist, album, title...) from the filename if you supply a template.
- Detect duplicates when adding songs (optional).
- Remove and export tracks from your iPod.
- Modify ID3 tags -- changes are also updated in the original file (optional).
- Refresh ID3 tags from file (if you have changed the tags in the original file).
- Sync directories.
- Normalize the volume of your tracks (uses mp3gain or the replay-gain tag)
- Write the updated iTunesDB and added songs to your iPod.
- Work offline and synchronize your new playlists / songs with the iPod at a later time.
- Export your korganizer/kaddressbook/thunderbird/evocalendar/evolution/webcalendar... data to the iPod (scripts for other programs can be added).
DocumentationUser documentation on one page at http://gtkpod.sourceforge.net/documentation/singlehtml/gtkpod.html, in pdf at http://gtkpod.sourceforge.net/docs_vic/gtkpoddoc.pdf, and OpenOffice at http://gtkpod.sourceforge.net/docs_vic/gtkpoddoc.sxw
released on 2 June 2015
17 November 2005
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=67873&atid=519273|
|Help||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/gtkpod-cvs2|
|Developer||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/gtkpod-devel|
|Support||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/gtkpod-questions|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 20 February 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.