Interpreter for the Haskell functional programming language.
Hugs 98 is a functional programming system based on Haskell 98, the de facto standard for non-strict functional programming languages. Hugs 98 provides an almost complete implementation of Haskell 98, including:
- Lazy evaluation, higher order functions, and pattern matching.
- A wide range of built-in types, from characters to bignums, and lists to functions, with comprehensive facilities for defining new datatypes and type synonyms.
- An advanced polymorphic type system with type and constructor class overloading.
- All of the features of the Haskell 98 expression and pattern syntax including lambda, case, conditional and let expressions, list comprehensions, do-notation, operator sections, and wildcard, irrefutable and `as' patterns.
- An implementation of the Haskell 98 primitives for monadic I/O, with support for simple interactive programs, access to text files, handle-based I/O, and exception handling.
- An almost complete implementation of the Haskell module system. Hugs 98 also supports a number of advanced and experimental extensions including multi-parameter classes, extensible records, rank-2 polymorphism, existentials, scoped type variables, and restricted type synonyms.
DocumentationUse guide at http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/documentation.htm
released on 21 September 2006
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|BSD 3Clause||Ted Teah||15 December 2005|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/downloading.htm#CVS|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 26 February 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.