IceCat/Quick Locale Switcher
Quick Locale Switcher
Allows you to quickly switch to a different language (User Interface, Spell Checker Dictionary and Website content) in your Mozilla application.
Allows you to quickly change and apply a different locale related setting from the tools menu, the statusbar, or your Toolbar. Features:
- Handy tool for all people involved with multilingual usage of Mozilla applications.
- Switches the Mozilla User Interface language (general.useragent.locale preference)
- Switches the accept_language preference, so complete websites will be translated. (if the http accept language header is supported, e.g. like Google does)
- Switches the Spell Checker Dictionary preference. (if supported by your Mozilla application)
- Remembers the dictionary and content locale for each site and automatically switches when you load that site. It also tries to detect the language of sites itself, and if found automatically switches to that language. In Thunderbird the automatic switching is based on e-mail addresses.
- Auto restarts the application in versions 1.4+ (only if needed)
- Includes country flag icons for 'all' countries by famfamfam.com.
- Displays the flag of the currently selected locale on your statusbar.
- Add 3 of your own custom defined locales.
- Select from a list of ~200 locales which locales should be visible in the menu.
- Select which settings you want to switch.
- Quickly switch back to the previously selected locale by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + Q.
- Available for Firefox 1.0 - 3.0, Thunderbird 1.0 - 2.0, NVU 1.0, Mozilla Suite 1.7, Seamonkey, Sunbird, Flock and Netscape
- Available in: en-US, nl-NL, fr-FR, it-IT, de-DE, es-ES, tr-TR, ko-KR, pl-PL, cs-CZ, bg-BG, pt-PT, sl-SI, zh-CN, sk-SK, ru-RU, fy-NL, zh-TW, pt-BR, da-DK, lt-LT, ja-JP-mac, gl-ES, sq-AL, he-IL, en-GB, fa-IR, km-KH, uk-UA, hr-HR, be-BY, ro-RO, es-AR, hu-HU, nb-NO, fi-FI, ca-AD, ar, ml-IN, wa-BE, is-IS, mk-MK
- Note! After adding the toolbar button (menu View/toolbars/Customize) you need to restart your Mozilla application before it actually works
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.