Tools for indexing
Idutils includes tools to create an index of textual tokens used in a list of file names and then to query that index. Thus, it allows the user to, for example, find all the uses of a particular function in a large programming project. In addition to handling textual tokens, it can also handle numeric constants and the contents of character strings.
Database queries can be issued from the command-line, or from within emacs, serving as an augmented tags facility.
Programs included are:
- mkid: (id-utils)mkid invocation. Creating an ID database.
- lid: (id-utils)lid invocation. Matching words and patterns.
- fid: (id-utils)fid invocation. Listing a file's tokens.
- fnid: (id-utils)fnid invocation. Looking up file names.
- xtokid: (id-utils)xtokid invocation. Testing mkid scanners.
DocumentationUser manual included
This is a GNU package:idutils
released on 3 February 2012
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:GPLv3orlater||Genium||19 December 2016|
Leaders and contributors
|Pedro J. Ruiz Lopez||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/idutils.git|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 19 December 2016.