GNU Compact Disc Input and Control Library
CD-ROM access library
Libcdio is a library for CD-ROM and CD image file access. It allows the developer to add CD access to an application without having to worry about the OS- and device-dependent properties of CD-ROM or the specific details of CD image formats. It includes pycdio, a Python interface to libcdio, and libcdio-paranoia, a library providing jitter-free and error-free audio extraction from CDs.
The libcdio package also contains a number of utility programs, including:
- cd-info, displays CD information ;
- cd-drive, decribes CD-ROM/DVD drive characteristics ;
- cd-read, performs low-level block reading of a CD or CD image ;
- iso-info, displays ISO-9660 information from an ISO-9660 image ;
- iso-read, extracts files from an ISO-9660 image ;
- cd-paranoia - extracts audio from a CD in a jitter.
DocumentationOnline documentation available at: https://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/libcdio.html
Interfaces to the libcdio
This is a GNU package:libcdio
released on 22 October 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Genium||8 January 2017|
Leaders and contributors
|Herbert Valerio Riedel||Contributor|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 8 January 2017.