Difference between revisions of "Palabos"
Revision as of 06:54, 23 September 2014
complex flows with lattice Boltzmann.
... a library for lattice Boltzmann simulations
- The code is in C++ and can be used to simulate physical phenomena, with emphasis on fluids.
- The kernel is based on a variety of lattice Boltzmann models.
- The source code is modular and can easily be extended by application programmers.
- ... a framework for high performance computing
- The library is optimized for single processor performance.
- Efficient parallelization is achieved through the MPI extension. Good scalability on thousands of cores, and code efficiency up to several billion site updates per second in 3D applications have been measured.
- Memory optimizations are accessible in case of irregular domain boundaries.
- ... a community code
- The source code is free and can be used under the terms of a Gnu General Public License V.3 (GPL3).
- Developers from different countries are currently participating, and new contributions are welcome.
- ... and more
- Full serial and parallel checkpointing is supported for interrupted program executions.
- Output of the data in VTK format allows visualization and data analysis with external tools like Paraview.
- As the library is based on simple concepts, it is appropriate as a teaching support for courses on CFD and lattice Boltzmann.
1 September 2009
1 September 2009
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.