A libre alternative frontend for YouTube which is efficient by design
Piped allows you to watch YouTube videos without using Google's privacy-invasive non-free interface.
Another libre frontend for YouTube is Invidious.
- No Ads
- No Tracking
- Lightweight on server and client
- Infinite scrolling
- Light/Dark themes
- Integration with SponsorBlock
- Integration with LBRY for streaming
- 4K support
- No connections to Google's servers
- Playing just audio
- PWA support
- Support for iOS
- Locally saved preferences
- Available in many languages
- Embedded video support
- Multi-region load-balancing
- Performant by design, designed to handle 1000s of users concurrently
- Does not use official YouTube APIs
- Uses NewPipeExtractor to extract information
- Public JSON API
Accepts cryptocurrency donations.
git clone https://github.com/TeamPiped/Piped
14 January 2022
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.