- 4tH is a Forth compiler with a little difference. Instead of the standard Forth engine it features a conventional compiler. 4tH is a very small compiler that can create bytecode, C-embeddable bytecode, standalone executables, but also works fine as a scripting language. It supports about 95% of the ANS Forth CORE wordset and features conditional compilation, pipes, files, assertions, forward declarations, enumerations, structures, suspended execution, recursion, include files, etc. It comes with an RPN calculator, line editor, preprocessor, compiler, decompiler, C-source generator, a virtual machine, and a multitasking environment.
- ACOVEA (Analysis of Compiler Optimizations via an Evolutionary Algorithm) implements a genetic algorithm to find the "best" options for compiling programs with the GCC C and C++ compilers. "Best" is defined as those options that produce the fastest executable program from a given source code. Acovea can also be extended to test other programming languages and non-GCC compilers.
- An IDE for the Arduino microcontroller. Arduino is a free software electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments. This IDE allows for program writing, code verfication, compiling, and uploading to the Arduino development board. Libraries and example code will also be installed.
- BASM is a user friendly and easy to use assembler for The Basic Computer, capable of creating the object, list and hex file and giving detailed error reports. It's more of academic use for students who wish to understand how does The Basic Computer actually work.
- bas55 is an editor and interpreter for the Minimal BASIC programming language, as defined by the ECMA-55 standard.
- bigFORTH is a native code Forth for x86 processors. It is 32 bit and complies fully with ANS Forth. Tools include a multitasker; source-able decompiler; source level debugger (even using optimized macros) with single step and trace, and as many breakpoints as you want; post mortem dump and return stack trace; and a Pentium-MMX-assembler/disassembler. MINOS is a portable GUI library, written in object oriented Forth, and includes the GUI development editor Theseus. It is on a separate release schedule from bigFORTH; 0.9.8 beta of MINOS was released 2002-06-23.
- Binutils includes tools capable of creating and managing binary program files, including handling object files, libraries, profile data, and assembly source code.
- Boehm garbage collector
- A conservative garbage collector which can be used as a garbage collecting replacement for C malloc or C++ new and as a malloc leak detector.
- CMUCL is a free, high performance implementation of the Common Lisp programming language which runs on most major Unix platforms. It mainly conforms to the ANSI Common Lisp standard. CMUCL provides a sophisticated native code compiler; a powerful foreign function interface; an implementation of CLOS, the Common Lisp Object System; which includes multimethods and a metaobject protocol; a source-level debugger and code profiler; and an Emacs-like editor implemented in Common Lisp.
- CP: Cerebral Procreation
- CP (Cerebral Procreation) is a BF (BrainF***) interpreter and compiler. It is different from other compilers in that instead of trying to understand the BF code, it simply transfers it to Perl code, which it then evaluates using the handy eval() function. It can also translate to C code, for easy compilation into a stand-alone binary.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.