- Apache CouchDB
- 'Ara' is a command-line utility for querying the Debian package database. It has a query syntax allowing you to search for boolean combinations of regular expressions. It includes a simple syntax and line-editing. A graphical interface, xara, is also provided.
- AutoCodeGenerator is a tool which is able to generate other programs that insert, delete, or update database records for a number of different database programs. Programs can be generated in Python, bash, ksh, Java, C, or other languages; the package also generates code for various database servers via a plain text file.
- Autobench is a collection of scripts to automate the benchmarking a web server (or for conducting a comparative test of two different web servers). It is a wrapper for httperf. Autobench runs httperf repeatedly against each host, increasing the number of requested connections per second each time. It extracts the significant data from the httperf output, and delivers a CSV or TSV file which can be imported directly into a spreadsheet for analysis or GNUplotted using the included bench2graph script.
- Autotabla is a CGI interface to a collection of SQL tables. Once an XML description of the database schema (table names, fields, etc.) is provided, all table maintenance can be done from a Web page. The program reads the database schema from a configuration file, and you can manage the tables included in the schema: you can add, delete or modify rows and you can do simple but effective queries. It is meant to help developers who are making SQL based applications, freeing them from writing basic scripts for accessing the tables the application will use, and letting them test those applications with live data that can be inserted, modified or deleted from outside it. It reads the database schema from an XML configuration file (which must be provided, and presents an index page of tables and operations to do with them. From then on, the user can do all typical table maintenance.
- 'Anti-Web httpd' is a single-process Web server that relies on its inherent simplicity to be robust and secure. It has support for virtual hosts, CGI, IPv6, and more. In its default mode, though, it is easy to launch and requires no configuration files. It implements the bare minimum of HTTP 1.1 necessary to be a productive web server. It doesn't support certain requests like HEAD (anymore), but normal users will never notice the difference. POST request support is in the works, as is HTTPS/SSL support.
- BasApp is a software for friendly creation of web applications, based on your own database structure. Once BasApp is installed in a webserver, the developer can do all the job with a web browser, same as final user.
- Berkeley Database
- The Berkeley Database is an embedded database system. Its access methods include B+tree, Extended Linear Hashing, fixed and variable-length records, and Persistent Queues. Berkeley DB provides full transactional support, database recovery, online backups, and separate access to locking, logging and shared memory caching subsystems. The program supports C, C++, Java, Tcl, Perl, and Python APIs.
- BibTeXConv is a BibTeX file converter which allows to export BibTeX entries to other formats, including customly defined text output. Furthermore, it provides the possibility to check URLs (including MD5, size and MIME type computations) and to verify ISBN and ISSN numbers.
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word. Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.
- BlueSpice extends MediaWiki and enhances it with useful features, in particular in the areas of quality management, process support, administration, editing and security. There are two editions available: BlueSpice free and BlueSpice pro. BlueSpice free is a free of charge wiki version. BlueSpice pro is the business-critical solution with comprehensive functionalities and a subscription for support and software maintenance.
- A high-performance Web server for UNIX-like computers
- BOND (building object network databases) is a rapid application development tool which allows you to develop GUI front ends to PostgreSQL databases. It uses XML to define widget layout and how to obtain information from databases. This project is designed to simplify the process of developing database applications for GTK.
- 'bonddb' is an object orientated wrapper for PostgreSQL. It's a fast data abstraction layer C/C++ applications, to allow easy access to class objects. You can use existing PostgreSQL databases without any modification or additional tables needed in the backend. "bonddb' easily modifies rows in database fields without you having to construct sql statements or worry about refreshing existing datasets. It also lets you easily map your tables together in object to object relationships. Method calls aren't supported yet but they are being worked on.
- Burn 360
This is a candidate for deletion: Unclear licensing. The source files do not include any copyright information. The licence of the documentation on the website and included with the program is unclear. A copy of the GPLv2 is included with the program. Drw (talk) 09:20, 18 July 2018 (EDT)
This is a frontend to three programs - ffmpeg, vcdimager and cdrdao written in perl-gtk2.
It is designed to enable (as seperate processes)
Rip video tracks from VCD's
Encode from/to any format that ffmpeg supports (these are in a seperate file called opts)
Create a new VCD from MPEG's on hard drive.
- Business Integration Engine
- BIE is an free software integration system that makes it easy for organizations to exchange data with external trading partners regardless of their native applications. It is truly cross-platform since it written in Java.
- Cardfile is a simple flatfile database with a curses interface, that emulates a library's card catalog. It's useful for cataloging your library, downloaded software, or your Pokemon collection.
- 'cbMySQL' is a PHP class for creating, modifying MySQL databases and tables. For backup issues, you can export CSV data directly with only one class method. The MySQL object is easier to handle than PHP's built in functions, and you need not install anything like PEAR.
- Check Postgres
- check_postgres is a script for monitoring various attributes of your database. It is designed to work with Nagios, MRTG, or in standalone scripts.
- ColdStore is a gigabyte-scale persistent object store which maps objects into a file (for persistence), can allocate objects in a minimal working-set of pages (for speed), permits library versions to change without a rebuild of the store, and permits application checkpoint/restart. Coldstore might be used to replace a database, cache highly structured objects, act as an OODB, make STL persistent, act as a Document Store for XML/SGML/HTML, create a MUD. Future projects include a virtual machine toolkit, ports of several languages, VW and byte-interpretive language workbench.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.