- Lauloid was a singing synthesis program based on libsms. Now the repository includes documentation and scientific papers about the algorithms used in VOCALOID and UTAU. Reverse engineering results of the file formats and example score files will be published in this repo too.
- Libav is a complete, cross-platform solution to decode, encode, record, convert and stream audio and video. This package contains the avplay multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, the avconv audio and video encoder, and the avprobe stream analyzer. They support most existing file formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG, DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...). Additionally, it contains the qt-faststart utility which rearranges Quicktime files to facilitate network streaming. This package also serves as a replacement for the former 'ffmpeg' package.
- MMA - Musical Midi Accompaniment
- MMA is a accompaniment generator -- it creates midi tracks for a soloist to perform with. User supplied files contain pattern selections, chords, and MMA directives.
- MarkLaR is a FOSS text editor for Markdown, which is a plain text markup format created by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz. For more information about Markdown, please visit John Gruber’s website. MarkLaR is a fork of ghostwriter and is furthermore inspired by MarkRight.
- Mellite is an environment for creating experimental computer-based music and sound art. It is a desktop application, allowing you to work with real-time and offline sound synthesis processes, combining multiple perspectives such as live improvisation, implementing sound installations, or working in DAW-like timeline views. Mellite runs on all major operating systems and can be used both in a purely graphical fashion, or by writing and connecting snippets in the Scala programming language.
- mhWaveEdit is a program for playing, editing, and recording sound files. It supports .wav files and a few other formats. It can edit both large and small files, and has support for 8/16/24/32-bit signed and unsigned sample formats.
- MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities. MusE aims to be a complete multitrack virtual studio.
- Full-featured WYSIWYG editor for sheet music. Large vocabulary of notations (jazz notation, percussion, early music, etc.). It will play your scores and can also import and export many formats, including e.g. import and export of MIDI and export to PDF, WAV, and LilyPond.
- Music Library
- 'Music Library' is a music-on-demand system for phpGroupware. It searches recursively through a directory full of files for audio formats you specify and dumps their artist, album, and track names into a database. You can then browse, search, or listen over HTTP. It features custom playlists and comes with an MP3 renaming script to make administration easier.
- Postslate is a tool for video post-production. When video and audio have been recorded separately, with a slate used to generate claps, Postslate allows you to sync the audio and video prior to editing.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.