Difference between revisions of "User:David Hedlund"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 02:08, 9 December 2016
Free software contributions
Note that private email conversations, forums that cannot list contributions if not logged in (eg forums.mozillazine.org), and chat logs are excluded here. Please copy this list, but don't forget to modify it, if you find it useful for personal use.
|My Project||Website||Wiki||Source repo||Bug tracker||Mailing-list||Forum|
|GNU Sovix (inactive)||savannah.gnu.org||directory.fsf.org|
|WILB - Website Incompatibilities for Libre Browsers (IceCat promo)||GitHub|
|Software facility profile||Website||Wiki||Source repo||Bug tracker||Mailing-list||Forum|
|F-Droid (Replicant promo)||gitlab.com/fdroid||f-droid.org/forums|
|Free Software Directoryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|GitHub||See "Source repo"||github.com||github.com|
|Mozilla (GNUzilla IceCat, Icedove promo)||addons.mozilla.org (AMO)||mozdev.org||discourse.mozilla-community, support.mozilla.org|
|Major software||Website||Wiki||Source repo||Bug tracker||Mailing-list||Forum|
|Bitcoin (ZCash promo)||bitcoin.it|
|Coreboot (Libreboot promo)||email@example.com|
|Firefox (GNU IceCat promo)||bugzilla.mozilla.org|
|Operating systems||Website||Wiki||Source repo||Bug tracker||Mailing-list||Forum|
|Ubuntu GNU/Linux (Trisquel promo)||bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu|
|Misc||Website||Wiki||Source repo||Bug tracker||Mailing-list||Forum|
|Wikipedia||wikipedia.org (POV blocked)|
- 2013, 47th place English medical editor (total 0.6 Mb): "The Cure Award: In 2013 you were one of the top 300 medical editors across any language of Wikipedia. Thank you so much for helping bring free, complete, accurate, up-to-date medical information to the public. We really appreciate you and the vital work you do!" - Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine/Stats/Top English medical editors 2013b
- User data: https://tools.wmflabs.org/xtools-ec/?user=David%20Hedlund&lang=en&wiki=wikipedia
- Notable contributions: To come...
Free Software Foundation
To Whom it May Concern,
It is my pleasure to recommend David Hedlund, whom I have known for a number of years when I was an employee at the Free Software Foundation (FSF), a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization based in Boston, MA USA. I found David had a great mix of not only being able to work hard and independently, but to also work as a team-player. His knowledge of free software and Internet technologies in general is extremely broad.
David was and remains a volunteer for the FSF. While David helps the organization in a variety of ways (including constructive and helpful feedback on all aspects of our work), most of my interactions with David were from his great many contributions to the Free Software Directory, a digital catalog of useful free software that runs under free operating systems. The Directory is a complex Wiki-based system for which David contributed data and information to in a variety of different ways. To help his own work, David even went so far as to write his own set of scripts to help organized and scrape data from other sites. His contributions to Directory not only helped the FSF as an organization, but have been used by countless members of the public, including academic researchers, who rely upon the Free Software Directory as a trusted and convenient source of information.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to a discuss David's qualifications and experience further. I'd be happy to expand on my recommendation.
Joshua Gay Former Licensing & Compliance Manager Free Software Foundation
Work on the FSD
"Free Software Directory volunteers are making a concerted effort to add many more IceCat extensions to the FSD. Driving much of this work is David Hedlund, who has curated lists of hundreds of popular add-ons for our community of volunteers to review and hopefully add to the FSD. David's approach is creative. His top tier list is browser add-ons with over one million daily users, his second tier list have between 100k and 999k daily users, and so on. In addition to creating these lists, David has made over a thousand edits and has added many new packages and pages to the FSD over the past few months." - Joshua Gay, Licensing and Compliance Manager, Free Software Foundation, GNU IceCat and the Free Software Directory, 2015-07-08
- Mozilla derivatives
- FSD:LibreOffice extensions (proposed) (merged from libreplanet)
- FSD:Iridium extensions (proposed)
- FSD:MediaWiki extensions (proposed)
- FSD:Forensics and penetration (proposed) - GNU/Linux distribution tools
My favorite pages
|ColumnsWizard||Add a custom column, set the default columns settings for any new folder, and show hidden columns in the Conversation Tab and in the search window.||http://micz.it/thunderdbird-addon-columnswizard/||GPLv3|
|G'MIC||GREYC's Magic for Image Computing||http://gmic.eu||CeCILLv2|
|Icedove||Easy to use e-mail client||https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/||GPLv2orlater, LGPLv2.1orlater|
|Licenseutils||Put copyright and license notices at the head of source code files||http://sv.gnu.org/p/licenseutils||Other, GPLv3orlater|
|UBlock Origin||A wide-spectrum blocker. Easy on CPU and memory.||https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock||GPLv3orlater|
|Tor Browser||A Firefox ESR-based web browser for use of the TOR network||https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html||GPLv3orlater|
|Zcash||Zcash is a decentralized cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private||https://z.cash/||AGPLv3orlater, Expat|
These entries carry extra high importance.
- Android Studio
- ARChon Packager
- ARChon Runtime for Chrome
- Disabilities - https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?search=disability&title=Special%3ASearch
The pages I've submitted
|ARChon Runtime for Chrome||Run Android Apps in Chrome in OS X, GNU/Linux and Windows||https://archon-runtime.github.io/|
|Chromium Embedded Framework||The Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) is a simple framework for embedding Chromium-based browsers in other applications.||https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef||BSD 3Clause|
|IceCat/InFormEnter||InFormEnter adds a small, clickable icon next to every input field in a web form, from where you can select the item to be inserted - no typing required.||http://firefoxer.ru/|
- David Hedlund/Backlog
- David Hedlund/Bug tracker
- David Hedlund/Collection:Windows
- David Hedlund/Concept:GNU
- David Hedlund/GNU
- David Hedlund/Sandbox
- David Hedlund/Sandbox/Free Software Directory:Issues
- David Hedlund/Sandbox/Template:FSD Tracker
- David Hedlund/Template:Free software replacements
- David Hedlund/common.js
- David Hedlund/test2
- David Hedlund/x
pages with license name: 0
- Bureaucrat: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special%3AListUsers&username=&group=bureaucrat&limit=500
- Administrators: http://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special%3AListUsers&username=&group=sysop&limit=500
- Joshua Gay: "Hello, I'm a former employee of the FSF Licensing & Compliance Team, but I am still an administrator of the Free Software Directory. Feel free to email me at email@example.com."
- Know the FSD, know how to use Semantic Forms, import/export...
- Donald Robertson: "I am Donald Robertson, the Copyright & Licensing Associate for the Free Software Foundation. "
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.