My name is John Sullivan, and I'm the executive director at the Free Software Foundation, and an administrator here on the Directory.
You can reach me at email@example.com, or on the Discussion page here. I'm a subscriber to the directory-discuss mailing list as well.
If this is list is valuable to you, I'd appreciate a small donation to the FSF at https://donate.fsf.org.
Software I use often
(Work in progress... Will add notes about how and why I use these programs, and populate/update the corresponding Directory entries.)
My ideas for the Directory
- Individuals listing software they use, linked to the Directory entries.
- Make sure there is a good feedback loop, so that people are notified about entries they submit.
- Make sure that the guidelines are presented during any transaction where someone submits a new entry or edits an existing one.
- A healthy way of featuring particular programs, both on the Directory site itself and in the Free Software Supporter.
- Wordpress and other blogging plugins that simplify auto-linking names of programs to their Directory entries
- A healthy way of directing funding to appropriate places to help with listed project development
- Make Collections of software used at the FSF and other organizations.