Please leave a message below.
Collection:IceCat extensions (proposed) tmp
IRC field validation bug
There is some problem in entry I encountered during `paludis` page update --- it requires me that irc field starts with `http://`, which is completely non-sence. KAction (talk) 03:36, 4 April 2013 (EDT)
Heiya Jgay, about a fortnight ago I filed a bug report for MediaWiki which has not been dealt with so far. This leads me to a suggestion. Perhaps you introduce a new user group for some trusted users which is able to edit the main page directly. I am sure a mode may be set up to identify them. Cheers --[[kgh]] 12:26, 18 October 2011 (EDT)
- Heiya, I am still curious about what will happen to the bug reports. Cheers --[[kgh]] 16:13, 15 November 2011 (EST)
date of edit query
hey jgay, you should check out the REVISIONTIMESTAMP magic word. it shows the time of the last page edit. i have it set for each entry using template:entry. you can query it with: |?Revisiontimestamp. it could be useful for User:Jgay/stats. -- Sudoman 15:40, 7 September 2012 (EDT)
Info request on Openia CRM page delete
Hi Jgay, i just saw that you have deleted the Openia CRM project page, i just wanted to know if you could tell me a little more about what went wrong and what didn't fit Free Software Directory's rules.
Thank You, have a nice day. Nick@OpeniaCRM
- Hi Nick, if I remember correctly (and am not confusing it with another recently deleted entry), then what I found when I was reviewing the updates to Openia CRM that you made, it appeared that the primary purpose of the Openia CRM program is to migrate data to the proprietary ESXi vmware system. If the primary purpose of a package is to interact with a proprietary software dependency, then it does not qualify for use with the Free Software Directory. If I am mistaken about this, please accept my apologize and help me better understand what the software does so we can re-add it immediately. --Jgay (talk) 12:44, 19 January 2014 (EST)
- IMO, one solution could be to ask the GNU maintainer to rename its package libmpc just to keep things straight.. What do you think? Genium (talk) 14:01, 18 January 2014 (EST)
- When there is a naming conflict, GNU packages should take precedent. I have mad ethe appropriate page moves. Please feel free to make additional redirects as you see fit. --Jgay (talk) 12:44, 19 January 2014 (EST)
Dear colleague! You deleted the article FDEReplace without providing a link to a respective paragraph of the speedy deletion rules, even without any mention of the rules. Yes, I understand well that the Free Software Directory is not the Wikipedia and has other rules, but some rules have to be. So, please point me to the rules paragraph the deletion is based on. Gamliel Fishkin (talk) 20:23, 3 May 2014 (EDT)
Open Rails entry deleted
It looks as though you have deleted the Open Rails entry. Why would you do that? Was there something wrong with it?
- It appears to not be supported by GNU/Linux and only runs on Windows. Our policy is that it must be free software and be able to run on GNU/Linux (it's OK if it also runs on Windows/Mac). Was this in error? Does it in fact work on GNU/Linux? --Jgay (talk) 13:51, 13 June 2014 (EDT)
No indeed; Open Rails is Windows-only. Should have studied your policy more closely - sorry. Chris 15-Jun-2014
As suggested by Genium, I ask you to look at this deletion because as far as I know, and as assured by its developer, IceChat is completely free.
Would you please explain why this is not so, if you do not accept my point? As I mentioned, I am not experienced with what is required here.
Free educational software - dynamic table
Free educational software - dynamic table
Please verify: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/User_talk:Slomp .
Funny thing (approved or not?)
I really need your help here: Free_Software_Directory:IceCat_extensions_(proposed)/FSD_bugs_issue_1. --David Hedlund (talk) 07:47, 26 October 2016 (EDT)
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.