Records, distributes, and replays X11 protocol data
Xnee is a suite of programs that can record, replay and distribute user actions under the X11 environment. Think of it as a robot that can imitate the job you just did. Xnee can be used to:
- Automate tests — nightly automatic regression tests
- Demonstrate programs — record and replay a user interaction with your system
- Distribute actions — teacher's actions can be sent to all student's desktops
- Record and replay 'macro' — Tie a key modifier combination (e.g using xrebind) to replay a recorded session. The macro is WM- and program independent.
- Retype a file — When testing an editor, Xnee can type in the content of a file. This can be compared with the original.
Documentation* Documentation in many formats
This is a GNU package:xnee
released on 6 May 2014
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:GPLv3orlater||Kelly Hopkins||28 May 2010|
Leaders and contributors
|See the AUTHORS file in the distribution for a complete list||Contributor|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=xnee|
|Bug Tracking||Bug Tracking||http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=xnee|
|Required to use||RECORD and XTest extensions|
|Required to use||X11|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 18 May 2014.