maps file objects
Xorriso creates, loads, manipulates, and writes ISO 9660 filesystem images with Rock Ridge extensions. Files can be copied in and out. Optionally it supports hard links, ACLs, xattr, and MD5 checksums. The session results get written to optical media or to filesystem objects.
A special property of xorriso is that it needs neither an external ISO 9660 formatter program nor an external burn program for CD, DVD, or BD, but rather incorporates the libraries of libburnia-project.org . Thus GNU xorriso depends only on fundamental operating system facilities.
Documentation* README about installation and drive setup
- xorriso -help gives an overview of options
- xorriso -as mkisofs -help supported options of mkisofs emulation
- xorriso -as cdrecord -help supported options of cdrecord emulation
- man xorriso is the manual page
- man xorrisofs describes the mkisofs emulation
- man xorrecord describes the cdrecord emulation
This is a GNU package:xorriso
released on 16 September 2016
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 7 December 2016.