Broaden your selection: Category/Chat
- Coccinella is a Jabber client with a whiteboard. The whiteboard is a shared desktop which supports text, drawings, images, and multimedia in a number of formats, such as MP3 and video. It runs in two modes: a peer-to-peer configuration and a mode compatible with the Jabber Instant Messaging system. A flexible plugin architecture support additional formats.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is a SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.
It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality.
It is interoperable with many other standard compliant software, hardware and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323).
- Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols, including Jabber (xmpp). You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has a user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
- 'Eva' is an IM client in KDE that uses QQ IMprotocol to communicate with other clients Gaim with OpenQ plugin or LumaQQ written in Java.
- Festival Gaim
- Gaim plugin which enable you hear your incoming messages using voice synthesis.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation.
Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications
and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface.
You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games.
The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
- GNU Messenger
- GNU Messenger is a messaging system that attempts to keep your conversations private from everyone except the intended recipient. It is compatible with existing IM networks and lets you to communicate with other GM users even when you're not using a native server. Features include autoconf support, interoperability with other popular IM networks, separate frontend and backend (which makes it easy to write new clients, a buddy list, and taskbar docking. This project has been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
- 'gaim-e' is an encryption plugin for gaim. It uses GNUPG (GPG) to securely transfer the session key (RC5). It currently works with AOL, MSN, and Yahoo. Other protocols supported by gaim have not yet been tested.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.