Broaden your selection: Category/Geography
- Geo Weather
- Geo::Weather is a Perl module used to retrieve weather.com information based on city/state or US zip code. In order for the timeout code to work correctly, you must be using a recent version of libwww-perl and IO::Socket. Geo::Weather was developed with libwww-perl 5.53 and IO::Socket 1.26.
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- PHP Weather
- PHP Weather makes it easy to show the current weather on your Web page. PHP Weather retrieves the latest METAR (weather) report and converts this format into both imperial and metric units, caches the data in a MySQL, PostgreSQL, or DBA database for fast retrieval, and makes it easily available in PHP scripts. You can display the data in several languages by using the included translations. You can also access the information with a WAP-enabled mobile phone.
- 'phpWX' displays current weather conditions. It can display up-to-date weather information, active advisories, and more, based on a Zip Code. It can also display windchill, heat index, and improved condition vars. Visitors on your site can enter their zipcode for their own weather conditions, too.
- Snow Path Formation Simulator
- Snow Path Formation Simulator is a program that models the process of people forming very distinct, and yet not always altogether logical looking, paths in the snow as they walk across open spaces. The evolving condition of the snow is displayed graphically. This project may eventually mature into a screensaver.
- 'StormSiren' is a personal severe weather monitoring tool that disseminates National Weather Service issued bulletins about potential and imminent hazardous weather. When such bulletins are detected, the program summarizes the alert and sends it to various devices including pagers, SMS-capable wireless phones, or e-mail accounts. The summaries fit in a 160 character display and include the type of hazard, affected counties and cities, and the issue and expiration times of the bulletin.
- WX200 WM918 Weather Station Server
- wx200d is a weather station data collector and server daemon for the WX200, WM918, WMR918 and WMR968 weather station hardware.
- WeatherGraph periodically contacts the US National Weather Service and downloads METAR aviation weather information, databases it, then generates a set of rolling graphs suitable for presentation on a Web page.
- 'WeatherPlotter' gathers, tracks, and looks at historical weather data. It gathers weather information from the US National Weather Service Web site on an hourly basis, then lets you view that data in several convenient graphical charts within your Web browser. Charts are generated in real-time using the PNG format, and can be easily customized. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, and others for data storage.
- 'WeatherSpect' provides a reasonably accurate simulation of what the weather looks like outside, in ASCII art. It includes rain, snow, lightning, sleet, and hail. Windspeed and cloudiness are reflected in the velocity and quantity of clouds. There are trees that age, reproduce and die over the course of an hour, and a sun and moon that cross the sky for 12 hours each. There's also a dancing turtle.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.