Broaden your selection: Category/Science
- AeroCalc is a python package that performs various aeronautical engineering calculations. Currently, it contains the following main modules:
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- Life cycle assessment, Monte Carlo uncertainty analysis, visualization of results
- GNU C-Graph is a tool for visualizing the mathematical operation of convolution underlying natural phenomena susceptible to analysis in terms of engineering signals and systems theory. "C-Graph" is an abbreviation for "Convolution Graph". The package is derived from the BSc. Honours dissertation in Electrical Engineering "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating: Sampling Convolution and the FFT", Adrienne Gaye Thompson, University of Aberdeen (1983). The package computes the linear convolution of two signals in the time domain then compares their circular convolution by demonstrating the convolution theorem. Each signal is modelled by a register of discrete values simulating samples of a signal, and the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) computed by means of the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). GNU C-Graph is interactive, prompting the user to enter character or numerical values from the keyboard, dispensing with the learning curve for writing code. The software will be useful to students of signals and systems theory. C-Graph is written in contemporary Fortran. You can find pre-GNU development versions at: <http://codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1/c-graph-version-2-preview>. Adrienne Gaye Thompson is the sole author of GNU C-Graph and looks forward to sharing further development with the FLOSS community.
- Electric is an electrical CAD system for designing a electrical circuits. A wide variety of file formats are supported and a range of functionality allows you to manage your products from initial design to simulation and analysis. The software is useful for displaying several different types of circuit designs, such as printed circuits or CMOS.
Electric handles custom IC layout (ASICs), schematic drawing, hardware description languages, and electro-mechanical hybrid layout. It includes the following CAD operations: design rule checking, simulation interface (8 options), PLA generation, compaction, compensation, routing (4 options), VHDL compilation, silicon compilation, and network consistency checking.
- Empirical gramians can be computed for linear and nonlinear control systems for purposes of model order reduction, uncertainty quantification or system identification. Model reduction using empirical gramians can be applied to the state space, the parameter space of dynamical systems and control systems. The emgr framework is a compact open source toolbox for (empirical) gramian-based model reduction and compatible with OCTAVE and MATLAB.
- FreeSnell is a program which computes optical properties of multilayer thin-film coatings. Dielectric, metallic, and granular metallic films are supported. The FreeSnell package includes a SCM script (program) "nk" to create, manage, and query a refractive-index spectral database. FreeSnell is an application of the SCM Scheme implementation and the WB B-tree database package.
- GDC is a utility to calculate compressible flow (Gas Dynamics Calculator). It provides calculations for isentropic nozzle, isothermal nozzle, isothermal, Fanno, Rayleigh flow, etc. It also provide calculations for shock and oblique shock by direct calculations (no iteration, probably the only one that can do it). The result are in plain text, LaTeX, or a range of values.
- Icarus Verilog
- Icarus Verilog is a Verilog simulation and synthesis tool. It operates as a compiler, compiling source code writen in Verilog (IEEE-1364) into some target format. For batch simulation, the compiler can generate an intermediate form called vvp assembly. This intermediate form is executed by the ``vvp command. For synthesis, the compiler generates netlists in the desired format. The compiler proper is intended to parse and elaborate design descriptions written to the IEEE standard IEEE Std 1364-2001. The standard proper was released towards the middle of the year 2001, though in a rather pricey electronic form. This is a fairly large and complex standard, so it will take some time for it to get there, but that's the goal. NOTE: Under the Version information please browse the Installation link to find the proper download link.
- The Intel HEX file format widely used in microprocessors and microcontrollers area as the de-facto standard for representation of code for programming microelectronic devices. This library provides support for reading, modifying, writing Intel HEX files. You also can create new files from the scratch, convert from and/or to binary form, print human-readable dump of data, merge 2 or more files into one, etc. There are several helper scripts: hex2bin, bin2hex, hex2dump and hexmerge.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.