library for for the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA).
The Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) provides audio and MIDI functionality to the GNU/Linux operating system. ALSA has the following significant features:
- Efficient support for all types of audio interfaces, from consumer sound cards to professional multichannel audio interfaces.
- Fully modularized sound drivers.
- SMP and thread-safe design.
- User space library (alsa-lib) to simplify application programming and provide higher level functionality.
- Support for the older Open Sound System (OSS) API, providing binary compatibility for most OSS programs.
18 June 2009
18 June 2009
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Support||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Mailing-lists|
|Bug Tracking||Bug Tracking||https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug|
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.