Broaden your selection: Category/Chat
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices. NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- BlockSignal is a secure instant messaging application based on Signal Android. Moreover, it uses a blockchain-based PKI system, Blockstack, to verify the identities of users so as to prevent Man-in-the-Middle attacks instead of Signal's authentication ceremony feature. Therefore, its security level depends on user awareness less.
- Coccinella is a Jabber client with a whiteboard. The whiteboard is a shared desktop which supports text, drawings, images, and multimedia in a number of formats, such as MP3 and video. It runs in two modes: a peer-to-peer configuration and a mode compatible with the Jabber Instant Messaging system. A flexible plugin architecture support additional formats.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- Chat with your friends, securely.
Cryptocat is free software with a simple mission: everyone should be able to chat with their friends in privacy.
- Free software. All Cryptocat software is published transparently.
- Encrypted by default. Every message is encrypted, always.
- Forward secure. Chats are safe even if your keys are stolen.
- Multiple devices. Devices receive messages even when offline.
- File sharing. Securely share files with friends.
- Delta Chat
- Delta Chat is a project that aims to create a messaging app that is completely compatible to the existing email-infrastructure. So, with Delta Chat you get the ease of well-known messengers with the reach of email. Moreover, you’re independent from other companies or services - as your data are not related to Delta Chat, you won’t even add new dependencies here.
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is a SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet. It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality. It is interoperable with many other standard compliant software, hardware and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323).
- Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols, including Jabber (xmpp). You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has a user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
- 'Eva' is an IM client in KDE that uses QQ IMprotocol to communicate with other clients Gaim with OpenQ plugin or LumaQQ written in Java.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.