Broaden your selection: Category/Database
- Database load balancing class for PHP applications who need to deal with various MySQL servers. The class will properly detect write queries and will try the next available server(s) until running out of connections. Multi server connection handling in progress in order to allow running transactions in many servers at the same time.
- ADOdb is a database abstraction library for PHP. The PHP version currently supports an amazing number of databases, thanks to the wonderful ADOdb community: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird, Informix, Oracle, MS SQL, Foxpro, Access, ADO, Sybase, FrontBase, DB2, SAP DB, SQLite, Netezza, LDAP, and generic ODBC, ODBTP. The Sybase, Informix, FrontBase and PostgreSQL, Netezza, LDAP, ODBTP drivers are community contributions. Some reasons why ADOdb is popular include:
- Designed for speed. It is probably the fastest free software database abstraction library available for PHP. See benchmarks.
- Provides extensive portability support such as date and type-handling and portable schema creation. See portable sql tips
- Support many enterprise features such as database backed sessions (with session expiry notification), SQL code generation, pivot tables, SELECT LIMIT emulation for all databases, performance monitoring.
- Easy to learn.
- Extensive QA, every release is unit-tested on Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Oracle 9.
- Mature, continuously developed since August 2000. Has a large community of users.
- Powerful Active Record support. See docs.
- Very reasonable licensing terms (BSD). This means that you can incorporate (and even compile) it into your software applications royalty-free without asking the author's permission, provided you include license.txt in your release.
- ADOdb Lite
- A small, fast replacement for ADODB that uses 1/6th of the memory and upto 300% faster while being compatible with ADODB using a subset of the most often used ADODB commands.. Supports Frontbase, MaxDB, MiniSql, MSSQL, MySql, Postgres, SqLite and Sybase.
- ADOdb for Python
- ADOdb is a database abstraction library. ADOdb was originally developed for PHP, and ported to Python. The Python version implements a subset of the PHP version. You might ask why Python needs a database abstraction library when Python provides the official DB API. Unfortunately the DB API does not encapsulate differences in the database implementations. For example, to select a limited number of rows, say 10 rows, you would have to use very different SQL for different databases:
- MS SQL select top 10 from table
- MySQL and PostgreSQL select * from table limit 10
- Oracle select * from (select * from table) where rownum <= 10
- These differences are handled by ADOdb (using SelectLimit), but not by the Python DB API. Other important database differences transparently handled by ADOdb include date-formating, associative arrays (records as dictionaries) and LOB-handling.
- Apache CouchDB
- 'Ara' is a command-line utility for querying the Debian package database. It has a query syntax allowing you to search for boolean combinations of regular expressions. It includes a simple syntax and line-editing. A graphical interface, xara, is also provided.
- AutoCodeGenerator is a tool which is able to generate other programs that insert, delete, or update database records for a number of different database programs. Programs can be generated in Python, bash, ksh, Java, C, or other languages; the package also generates code for various database servers via a plain text file.
- Automatic catalog production
- The on-demand catalog data management and print publishing option in ImageDirector Media Asset Management is just one example of how Onison approaches simplicity in order to cut pre-production time and cost. Engineered for all sized businesses, this leading on-demand catalog automation platform can produce full color print catalogs, individualized catalogs, brochures, price lists, and PDF files while dramatically reducing costs over traditional catalog production methods. Being part of our enterprise-level Media Asset Management System, no other on-demand catalog automation system can match the management and security features of Onison's application platform. You can control access, editing, and catalog building rights down to the individual product and even to its variations. Languages that are stored in the Product Information System (PIM) can individually be called for global, localized catalog production.
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word.
Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.
- BOND (building object network databases) is a rapid application development tool which allows you to develop GUI front ends to PostgreSQL databases. It uses XML to define widget layout and how to obtain information from databases. This project is designed to simplify the process of developing database applications for GTK.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.