Free Software Directory:Participate/Script aid
This script aims to help contributors on finding things that might be needed to consider during evaluation of the project/software.
You're welcome to contribute to this script and add your name and contact information to the copyright notice of the script.
Best if you take the complete corresponding source of the project being evaluated (e.g.: when using
git clone, you can accomplish this using the
git clone --recursive [Some git repository.] cd [Directory created by git] [Script aid.] > [Desired text file to store output.]; printf '\a'
printf '\a' can be replaced by a command to play an audio file of your choice.
Now leave the script to do its work and wait for the sound clue to continue working on the evaluation.
- The script is originally meant to be POSIX-compliant.
- The script always takes the current working directory as basis of operation.
- Be aware of binary and huge outputs.
- When reading contents of the files in search for a match, all the lines matched will be prefixed by their number and a colon. The last line has the relative path of the file containing the lines. After this, the cycle is restarted immediately to the next file, so that there are no blank lines.
- Be aware of false-positives.
- Be aware that, due to our lack of knowledge on various spoken languages, some things might not be found by the script.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.