a simple GNU/Linux multithread benchmarking tool.
Lbench can make the following measurements
- integer-32 and floating-64 arithmetic performance
- performance of a few engineering functions (sqrt, sin, etc.)
- memory performance for cache memory and main memory
- time overhead to acquire and release a mutex lock
- time overhead to start and complete a process thread
- time overhead to start and complete a sub-process
- time overhead to call and return from a function
- disk I/O throughput for various record and file sizes
- All of these functions can be run with 1-9 parallel threads.
16 October 2009
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.