GNU Objective C Class Library
Library of non-graphical Objective C objects.
The GNU Objective C Class Library will implement the non-graphical Objective C objects of GNUstep. The GNUstep project is the Free Software Foundation's effort to implement a free-software version of NeXT's OpenStep standard. Libobjects is still in the development stages, but it already contains well over 60 classes of the GNUstep FoundationKit, and over 60,000 lines of code including both GNU and FoundationKit classes. The GNU classes in the library feature:
- Collection objects for maintaining groups of objects,
- strings for handling collections of characters,
- Streams for I/O to various destinations,
- Coders for formating objects and C types to byte streams,
- ports for network packet transmission,
- Distributed objects(remote object messaging),
- pseudo-random number generators,
- and time handling facilities.
This project is now a part of GNUStep.
30 December 2018
Leaders and contributors
|Kresten Krab Thorup
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.