Broaden your selection: Category/Chat
- will offer search and tools to reduce your data, keep it clean, fast and easy. in alpha development stage.
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices. NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- Amethyst is one of the most feature-rich Nostr clients out there. Like other Nostr clients, users can post microblogs, follow other users, and upload images. However, because Nostr is so extensible, Amethyst has has a built-in peer-to-peer marketplace which works over the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
- Features Double end to end encryption Completely peer to peer using hidden services Cryptographic Identity Verification Excellent Network Security Voice Messages Live Voice Calls over tor (alpha feature) Text Messages Metadata stripped media messages Raw file sending of any size (100 GB+) coming soon... Both peers have to add each others onion addresses to be able to communicate Disappearing messages by default Encrypted file storage on Android Screen security
- BlockSignal is a secure instant messaging application based on Signal Android. Moreover, it uses a blockchain-based PKI system, Blockstack, to verify the identities of users so as to prevent Man-in-the-Middle attacks instead of Signal's authentication ceremony feature. Therefore, its security level depends on user awareness less.
- Briar is a messaging app designed for activists, journalists, and anyone else who needs a safe, easy and robust way to communicate. Unlike traditional messaging apps, Briar doesn't rely on a central server - messages are synchronized directly between the users' devices. If the internet's down, Briar can sync via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, keeping the information flowing in a crisis. If the internet's up, Briar can sync via the Tor network, protecting users and their relationships from surveillance.
- Coccinella is a Jabber client with a whiteboard. The whiteboard is a shared desktop which supports text, drawings, images, and multimedia in a number of formats, such as MP3 and video. It runs in two modes: a peer-to-peer configuration and a mode compatible with the Jabber Instant Messaging system. A flexible plugin architecture support additional formats.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- Conversations is a Jabber/XMPP client for Android 5.0+ smartphones that has been optimized to provide a unique mobile experience. A port to iOS is envisaged in the medium-term future. Conversations allows you to easily send images, show if your contact has received and read your message, permit dynamic history and handles multiple devices (especially sync with desktop clients), allow you to create group chats and support one-to-one Audio/Video calls ! And thanks to the XMPP Protocol (that is a push protocol) you battery life is safe. Conversations also does not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). Using the XMPP federated protocol, you can freely choose a trustworthy server (your own if you want) for yourself while still chatting with contacts that are using other servers. The communication between Conversations and the XMPP server as well as the communication between the individual servers is TLS encrypted. This way, not only your messages are safe but more importantly it is impossible for an outside attacker to intercept your meta data (with whom you are chatting) without attacking your server first. On top of that, Conversations gives you the choice to enable one of two end-to-end encryption mechanisms. The first one is OMEMO, a state of the art multi-end-to-multi-end encryption method which is very easy to setup and gives you forward secrecy and plausible deniability. For backwards compatibility reasons Conversations also supports OpenPGP.
- Delta Chat
- Delta Chat is a project that aims to create a messaging app that is completely compatible to the existing email-infrastructure. So, with Delta Chat you get the ease of well-known messengers with the reach of email. Moreover, you’re independent from other companies or services - as your data are not related to Delta Chat, you won’t even add new dependencies here.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.