Broaden your selection: Category/Software-development
- GNUe Application Server
- GNU Enterprise is developing tools to build portable database applications, and a complete ERP system building on these tools. The GNUe Application Server (AppServer) is the core of the n-tier variant of the GNU Enterprise system. To the front end (be it GNUe Forms, GNUe Reports or any other tool), it provides user-definable business objects with arbitrary fields and methods. While transforming access to those fields and methods into database communication and calling of scripts, it cares about stability, security, speed, and consistency.
- GNUe Common Library
- GNUe Common Library is the basis for the GNUe tools, such as Forms, Reports, Application Server, and Designer. It implements a database-abstraction layer that provides support for most major databases. A builtin XML-to-Object parser and Object-to-XML marshaller are used by Forms, Reports, and Designer to save and read Forms/Report definitions to and from an XML file. It also defines and implements an RPC abstraction layer that will allow server processes to define their public methods once and have them available XML-RPC and Pyro clients.
- GNUe Forms
- GNUe Forms is a generator for data aware user interfaces with support for different platforms and data sources. From an XML file containing both the layout definition and the program logic required, GNUe Forms generates native interactive data entry screens for a number of user interface frameworks, including GNOME, KDE, and a curses based text interface. GNUe Forms can interact with all data sources supported by GNUe Common, which includes GNUe AppServer, SQLite, MySQL, Firebird, PostgreSQL, MaxDB, or plain CSV files.
- GNUe Navigator
- GNUe Navigator is a menuing system for GNUe Forms and Reports.
- GNUe Reports
- GNUe Reports is a platform and output-independent reporting system. It reads an XML-based report definition and generates arbitrary XML output that can further be translated into any format for which there is an adapter. GNUe Reports currently has outputs for Text, HTML, Label Stock, and CSV -- with PDF, Postscript, and Gnumeric/Excel formats in the works. Reports can output directly to a file, as an email attachment, to a printer, or to a HylaFax server.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.