Free software is a cornerstone of any modern
free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
MyNotex is a free software for Gnu/Linux useful to take and to manage textual notes, also a large number of them. Notes are gathered under different subjects and are made by a title, a date, a tags (keywords) list and a free-length text which may be formatted and may have pictures within it. The software can manage paragraph alignment, bullets and numbered lists with automatic indentation. A single file of MyNotex is a database of Sqlite and contains various subjects and notes. Some features of the software:
- various attachments (files of every kind) for each note, zipped and stored in a directory with the same name and path of the MyNotex file in use and automatically managed by the software; the number of attachments is limited only by the available disk space;
- encryption of the text of the selected notes with AES algorithm;
- search for subjects, notes (also in the text), attachments, dates and tags (keywords);
- search for more than one tag at a time (in OR condition) and for a range of dates;
- importation and exportation of single subjects with the related notes and attachments from and to another file of MyNotex;
- direct importation of an OpenOffice.org Writer or LibreOffice Writer file;
- importation from Tomboy and Gnote notes;
- export data in HTML format, which can be easily opened with a word processor like OpenOffice.org Writer or LibreOffice Writer;
- possibility to link a note to another note;
- possibility to insert images in the text of the notes, stored in the directory of attachments;
- zoom of the text with Ctrl + mouse wheel, or Ctrl + +/-;
- copy selected text of a note in Latex format.
Finally it is possible to synchronize two different files of MyNotex so that the new, the changed and the deleted subjects, notes and attachments in each one of them are mirrored in the other; at the end of the process, the two files and attachments directories are identical. This feature allows to modify two or more files of MyNotex offline and then connect to the LAN or the Internet and synchronize them, also through a cloud services like Dropbox or Ubuntu One.
DocumentationManuals are available at: https://sites.google.com/site/mynotex/files.
released on 6 July 2013
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||enyst||22 March 2013|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 22 March 2013.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.