is a desktop search tool.
Affinty is a desktop search tool, which hopes to provide a quick way to get at all the different information on your desktop. It achieves this by having various back-ends, but implemented through one standard interface.
- Front-end to both the Beagl and Tracker desktop search engines.
- Has actions (configurable through Desktop files), which speed up common tasks.
- Has built-in, user-configurable, filters which work in the the entry box, so typing pics:london will only bring up pictures.
- Super-fast application searching through an built-in list of applications.
- Colours can be customised to your taste.
- Lives in the system-tray, but can be called by a global key stroke. Default is Ctrl+Alt+a, but you can change it to anything you like!
released on 16 March 2007
svn checkout http://affinity-search.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ affinity-search
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:GPLv2orlater||Ted Teah||22 March 2007|
Leaders and contributors
|Neil J. Patel||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://code.google.com/p/affinity-search/issues/list|
|Required to build||libgnome|
|Required to build||gconf-2.0|
|Required to build||gnome-desktop|
|Required to build||gnome-vfs-2.0|
|Required to build||gtk+2.0 >=2.10|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 29 March 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.