Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- Affinty is a desktop search tool, which hopes to provide a quick way to get at all the different information on your desktop. It achieves this by having various back-ends, but implemented through one standard interface.
- Front-end to both the Beagl and Tracker desktop search engines.
- Has actions (configurable through Desktop files), which speed up common tasks.
- Has built-in, user-configurable, filters which work in the the entry box, so typing pics:london will only bring up pictures.
- Super-fast application searching through an built-in list of applications.
- Colours can be customised to your taste.
- Lives in the system-tray, but can be called by a global key stroke. Default is Ctrl+Alt+a, but you can change it to anything you like!
- Alerttail monitors a given file and executes a list of actions when a user-defined text pattern has been written to the file. For example, the user can pop up a GTK notification window when a certain message is written to a log file. Actions can be alerttail-built-in actions (GTK notify action, geoipLocalization action, or filtering text action) or a custom user defined shell command action.
- Anontwi - is a tool for OAuth2 applications (such as: GNUSocial, Twitter...) that provides different layers of encryption and privacy methods.
- Avant Window Navigator
- Avant Window Navgator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the bottom of the screen (in all its composited-goodness) tracking open windows.
Awn uses libwnck to keep a track of open windows, and behaves exactly like a normal window-list:
- Clicking an icon switches to that window, clicking again will minimise the window
- Right-clicking will bring up a menu extactly like that of what you see on the window-list, allowing you to max, min, close, resize etc the window.
- Dragging something on top of an icon will activate that window.
- Visually (and quite attractively) responds to 'needs attention' & 'urgent' events
- Can show windows from the entire viewport, or just the visible viewport.
- BgChanger is a simple set of scripts adding wallpaper rotation functionality to GNOME. It is designed to be simple above all else, with no complicated menus or options.
- Color Mouse
- One way to implement color mouse cursors with SDL.
- Common Desktop Environment
- The Common Desktop Environment was created by a collaboration of Sun, HP, IBM, DEC, SCO, Fujitsu and Hitachi. Used on a selection of commercial UNIXs, it is now available as free software for the first time.
- Cryptkeeper is a FreeDesktop.org Standard (KDE, Gnome, XFce, etc.) system tray applet that manages EncFS encrypted folders.
- Desktop Data Manager
- Desktop Data Manager is a clipboard manager for GNOME similar to Klipper for KDE. With DDM, it is possible to display different types of content like text or images. Additionally, DDM includes a screenshot taking application which is able to take screenshots of a single window or subwindow, a rectangle of the screen, or the whole desktop.
- Desktop Drapes
- Desktop Drapes is a wallpaper management application for the GNOME desktop. It can randomly change your wallpaper every once in a while, or whenever you feel like it, and it can automatically detect new wallpapers added to a directory by using inotify.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.