Broaden your selection: Category/Geography
- Alpine3D is a spatially distributed (surface), three dimensional (atmospheric) model for analyzing and predicting dynamics of snow-dominated surface processes in mountainous topography. It includes models for snow cover (SNOWPACK), vegetation and soil, snow transport, radiation transfer and runoff which can be enabled or disabled on demand.
- Commonly referred to as GRASS, this is free Geographic Information System (GIS) software used for geospatial data management and analysis, image processing, graphics/maps production, spatial modeling, and visualization. GRASS is currently used in academic and commercial settings around the world, as well as by many governmental agencies and environmental consulting companies. GRASS is an official project of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. GRASS contains modules for raster data manipulation (2D and 3D voxels), vector data manipulation, rendering images on the monitor or paper, multispectral image processing, point data management and general data management, as well as tools for interfacing with digitizers, scanners, and SQL databases as PostgreSQL, and other through an ODBC interface.
- Geo Weather
- Geo::Weather is a Perl module used to retrieve weather.com information based on city/state or US zip code. In order for the timeout code to work correctly, you must be using a recent version of libwww-perl and IO::Socket. Geo::Weather was developed with libwww-perl 5.53 and IO::Socket 1.26.
- IceCat/Weather Underground (Forecast Plus)
- Weather Underground (aka Forecast Plus) is a comprehensive weather forecast addon for Firefox browser. It supports Multiple locations and shows the current weather temperature in the toolbar icon in both Fahrenheit to Celsius units. It is powered by "Weather Underground" which provides local & long range Weather Forecast, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide. To report bugs please open bug reports at https://github.com/alexis-jaksone/forecast-plus/issues
- librsb is a library for sparse matrix computations featuring the Recursive Sparse Blocks (RSB) matrix format. This format allows cache efficient and multi-threaded (that is, shared memory parallel) operations on large sparse matrices. The most common operations necessary to iterative solvers are available, e.g.: matrix-vector multiplication, triangular solution, rows/columns scaling, diagonal extraction / setting, blocks extraction, norm computation, formats conversion. The RSB format is especially well suited for symmetric and transposed multiplication variants. On these variants, librsb has been found to be faster than Intel MKL's implementation for CSR. Most numerical kernels code is auto generated, and the supported numerical types can be chosen by the user at build time. librsb implements the Sparse BLAS standard, as specified in the BLAS Forum documents.
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- McIDAS-V is a free, open source, visualization and data analysis software package that is the fifth generation in SSEC's 40 year history of sophisticated McIDAS (Man computer Interactive Data Access System) software packages. McIDAS-V displays weather satellite (including hyperspectral) and other geophysical data in 2- and 3-dimensions, and can be used to analyze and manipulate the data with its powerful mathematical functions.
- PHP Weather
- PHP Weather makes it easy to show the current weather on your Web page. PHP Weather retrieves the latest METAR (weather) report and converts this format into both imperial and metric units, caches the data in a MySQL, PostgreSQL, or DBA database for fast retrieval, and makes it easily available in PHP scripts. You can display the data in several languages by using the included translations. You can also access the information with a WAP-enabled mobile phone.
- 'phpWX' displays current weather conditions. It can display up-to-date weather information, active advisories, and more, based on a Zip Code. It can also display windchill, heat index, and improved condition vars. Visitors on your site can enter their zipcode for their own weather conditions, too.
- Snow Path Formation Simulator
- Snow Path Formation Simulator is a program that models the process of people forming very distinct, and yet not always altogether logical looking, paths in the snow as they walk across open spaces. The evolving condition of the snow is displayed graphically. This project may eventually mature into a screensaver.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.