Broaden your selection: Category/Text-creation
- AFT (Almost Free Text) is a document preparation system. It is mostly free form, meaning that there is little intrusive markup; AFT source documents look a lot like plain old ASCII text. It has a few rules for structuring your document, more to do with formatting your text than embedding lots of commands, and it produces all types of output (HTML, XHTML, LaTeX, roll-your-own XML, etc.). All that needs to be done is to edit a rule file. You can even customize your own rule files for specialized output
- AbiWord is a full featured word processor. Current features include:
- basic character formatting
- paragraph alignment
- import of Word97 and RTF documents
- export to RTF, Text. HTML, and LaTeX formats
- interactive ruler and tabs
- unlimited undo/redo
- multiple column control
- widow/orphan control
- Anonymouth is a Java-based application that aims to give users the tools and knowledge needed to begin anonymizing documents they have written. It does this by firing up JStylo libraries (an author detection application also developed by PSAL) to detect stylometric patterns and determine features (like word length, bigrams, trigrams, etc.) that the user should remove/add to help obscure their style and identity. Anonymouth is developed by the Privacy, Security and Automation Lab (PSAL) at Drexel University, Philadelphia PA.
- GNU Aspell is a spell checker that can be used either as a library or as an independent spell checker. It does a much better job of coming up with possible suggestions than other English language spell checkers. Other technical enhancements over Ispell include shared memory for dictionaries and intelligent handling of personal dictionaries when more than one Aspell process is open.
- This package contains the required files to add support for the Gujarati (gu) language to the GNU Aspell spell checker.
- BibTeXConv is a BibTeX file converter which allows to export BibTeX entries to other formats, including customly defined text output. Furthermore, it provides the possibility to check URLs (including MD5, size and MIME type computations) and to verify ISBN and ISSN numbers.
- Booktype is a free, open source platform that produces beautiful, engaging books formatted for print, iBooks and almost any ereader within minutes. It makes it easier for people and organisations to collate, organise, edit and publish books.
- Whether you're looking for a job or trying to help a friend to find one, CVAssistant is the number one tool for you. It helps you by preparing resumes and cover letters and organizing your job application process. It: Stores all your skills and experiences. Creates resumes tailored for each job you apply. Creates cover letters summarized to match each job advertisement. Keeps a history of job applications so you are ready when you receive a phone call. Write resumes in your language. All languages are supported! It's a free and open source software which you can easily download to your computer and start using it out of the box. CV Assistant helps you create specialized resumes in Word .docx format fast and easy. The idea is to have a master resume with all skills and experiences in it. Then based on skills mentioned in the job advertisement, export a clean but well formatted word .docx file as a summarized resume with only relevant skills in it. This increases your chance of getting a job interview as most companies are using Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) or at best hiring managers which may be unaware of similarity between phrases like skilled in MS Word, familiar with Microsoft Word and Fully experienced with office suites. So job seekers need to create specialized resumes for each and every job position with the same wordings used in the advertisement. Add all your skills to CV Assistant, pick only relevant ones. It also creates cover letters! Again, write all possible sentences, and select those relevant ones per job post. CVAssistant helps you free of charge and this software remains for free!
- 'Compare' is similar to cmp (in the 'diffutils' package) but faster and with better readable output. It examines one file and standard in (or two files on a byte by byte basis) and prints the file position of the first difference it finds, first in decimal and then in hexadecimal, followed by the differing byte content in hexadecimal and a quoted character.
- This program includes both 'diction' and 'style'. 'Diction' identifies wordy and commonly misused phrases; 'style' analyzes surface characteristics of a document, including sentence length and other readability measures. While these programs cannot help you structure a document well, they can help to avoid poor wording and compare the readability of your document with others. Both commands support English and German documents.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.