Broaden your selection: Category/Text-creation
- The 'BigText' command prints big text using X11 fonts. It is similar to many other banner(1) commands, except that it can draw with all of the X11 fonts.
- BirdFont is a font editor which can generate fonts in SVG, EOT and TTF format.
- fntsample is a program for making font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font. The samples are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved as PDF or PostScript files.
- FontForge is an outline font editor that lets you create your own fonts or edit existing ones. Multiple formats including PostScript, TrueType, OpenType, SVG and bitmap (BDF) are supported. It also lets you convert one format to another. This package was formerly known as pfaedit.
- FontTools/TTX is a library to manipulate font files from Python. It supports reading and writing of TrueType/OpenType fonts, reading and writing of AFM files, reading (and partially writing) of PS Type 1 fonts. The package also contains a tool called "TTX" which converts TrueType/OpenType fonts to and from an XML-based format.
- 'Fontlinge' searches for font files, sorts them into folders by name and look and with human readable names, stores gathered font information in a database, can generate previews and posters, can find and remove duplicates, and can reunite PostScript font families. It also has a web interface for browsing through your fonts. It shows detail previews and font infos, provides font download as a tarball, and can sort fonts.
- Includes the programs bpltobzr, bzrto, charspace, fontconvert, gsrenderfont, imageto, limn, and xbfe. These create fonts for use with Ghostscript and TeX (starting with a scanned type image and converting the bitmaps to outlines), convert between font formats, etc. The package also includes the lib libbzr.a, libgf.a, libpbm.a, libtfm.a, and libwidgets.a.
- FreeType 2 is a software font engine that is designed to be small, efficient, highly customizable and portable while capable of producing high-quality output (glyph images). It can be used in graphics libraries, display servers, font conversion tools, and text image generation tools. FreeType 2 is a font service and doesn't provide APIs to perform higher-level features, like text layout or graphics processing (e.g. colored text rendering, "hollowing", etc..). However, it simplifies these tasks by providing a simple, easy to use and uniform interface to access the content of font files.
- 'GLTT' is a library that allows you to read and draw TrueType fonts in any OpenGL application. It supports bitmapped and anti-aliased font drawing as well as vectorized and polygonized drawing.
- 'Gdkxft' transparently adds anti-aliased font support to gtk+-1.2. Once it is installed, you can run nearly any existing gtk+ binary and see anti-aliased fonts in the gtk widgets without needing to recompile gtk+ or your applications. The latest version includes some international text support.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.