- 1 Free apps
- 2 Free software repository client
- 2.1 Replicant-only free software
Note that these apps have not been reviewed by the Replicant developers (yet).
|Type||Free program||Replacement for|
Free software repository client
|3D computer graphics software||AutoCAD|
|Camera and video camera (2 in 1)||Open Camera|
|Diagramming software||PlantUML||DrawExpress Diagram Lite|
|Document viewer||MuPDF||Adobe Acrobat|
|Email client, news aggregator||K-9 Mail||Microsoft Outlook|
|Paltalk Video Chat App|
|Instant messaging client||Silence (for SMS)||ICQ|
VLC media player (VLC)
|Microphone recorder||Rehearsal Assistant|
|Office suite||LibreOffice Viewer||Microsoft Office Mobile|
|Online storage||ownCloud (client only)||Dropbox|
|Raster graphics editor||Krita||Adobe Photoshop Express|
|Time management||Pomodoro||Toggl Track|
|Vector graphics editor|
- This is a selection of the more common free software applications available for Replicant, and is nothing like a comprehensive list. You may want to check the Runs-on/Android category for more software. Replicant-only programs may be listed here as well but has external links since the Directory only includes program entries for GNU systems.
- Mozilla branded programs such as Firefox and Thunderbird are not free software unless their names are changed. This is due to Mozilla's trademark policy that forbids selling copies of unmodified executables.
- Some popular apps from F-Droid do not work with Replicant without enabling llvmpipe as software renderer but it is slow. - https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/Graphics This is not a problem on Android but it's not entirely free either.
- GNU IceCatMobile: GNU IceCat (Mozilla Firefox ESR fork) discontinued official IceCatMobile support after version 38.6.0. However many F-Droid users preferred their unofficial IceCatMobile releases even when official releases existed.
Replicant-only free software
AppLock is an app locker, which guards your privacy security with pattern lock.
Bitmask is an application to provide easy and secure encrypted communication. You can choose among several different service providers or start your own. Currently, Bitmask supports encrypted internet (VPN) with encrypted email coming soon.
K-9 Mail is a free mail client. It supports both POP3 and IMAP mailboxes and supports IMAP IDLE for real-time notifications.
LibreOffice & OpenOffice document reader
View and modify documents created using LibreOffice or OpenOffice on the go using the Document Reader & Document Editor!
LibreOffice Viewer uses the same engine as LibreOffice. This, combined with a new front-end based on Firefox for Android, reads documents similarly to LibreOffice desktop.
Text editor - Notes & ToDo. Lightweight. Markdown and todo.txt support.
A feature rich camera application.
A privacy-focused web browser for use with Orbot, based on Tor Browser.
A tomato timer for using the pomodoro technique. The pomodoro technique is a personal time management method:
- Choose a task.
- Work uninterrupted for 25 minutes.
- Walk away and break for 5 minutes.
- After 4 tomatos, take a longer break.
Web browser focused on user privacy.
Radio streaming app that uses the online radio lists from radio-browser.info, a wiki like approach to collect as much online.
A voice / sound recording utility.
Silence is an SMS/MMS application that allows you to protect your privacy while communicating with friends. Silence communicates using encrypted SMS messages. No servers or internet connection required.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.