A gopher and gemini client for GNU Emacs
Elpher aims to provide a full-featured combination gopher and gemini client for GNU Emacs.
- intuitive keyboard and mouse-driven browsing,
- out-of-the-box compatibility with evil-mode,
- clickable web and gopher links **in plain text**,
- caching of visited sites,
- pleasant and configurable visualization of gopher directories and gemini pages,
- direct visualisation of image files,
- jumping directly to links by name (with autocompletion),
- a simple bookmark management system,
- gopher connections using TLS encryption,
- the Finger protocol.
The official home of elpher is gopher://thelambdalab.xyz/1/projects/elpher/. Please visit that page for development news and to leave feedback.
released on 23 March 2023
git clone git://thelambdalab.xyz/elpher.git
25 March 2023
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Required to use||Emacs 27.1|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 25 March 2023.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.