Ethernet diagnostic and tuning tool
ethtool is the standard Linux utility for controlling network drivers and hardware, particularly for wired Ethernet devices. It can be used to:
- Get identification and diagnostic information
- Get extended device statistics
- Control speed, duplex, autonegotiation and flow control for Ethernet devices
- Control checksum offload and other hardware offload features
- Control DMA ring sizes and interrupt moderation
- Control receive queue selection for multiqueue devices
- Upgrade firmware in flash memory
released on 31 May 2015
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||4 March 2002|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.kernel.org/?p=network/ethtool/ethtool.git|
|Required to use||Linux kernel 2.4.x or later|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 17 April 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.