A KDE-based DVB TV viewer and hard disk recorder for GNU/Linux.
Klear is a KDE-based TV viewer for DVB. It includes internal tuners for DVB-S, -T, and -C. It is also able to record video streams in live- and scheduled-mode as MPEG TS and MPEG PS. It shows OSD information, takes snapshots, deinterlaces the video stream, and more. Features include:
- DVB Playback
- Internal (and player-independant) Tuner for DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S
- Timeshifting with 'save-back capability'
- full featured scheduled recording
- live-recording system
- OSD system
- nifty GUI with fullscreen and minimal mode
- screenshot capability with different formats
- integrated deinterlacing filters
- Audio-muting and integrated soft-mixer
- complete graphical configuration system
- KDE kicker integration
- recording formats: MPEG TS (raw) and MPEG PES (realtime conversion)
- free keybindings for hotkeys
released on 24 June 2012
26 October 2005
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://freshmeat.net/redir/klear/54513/url_cvs/|
|Developer||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://tr0ll.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/klear-devel|
|Help||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://tr0ll.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/klear-user|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 29 March 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.