Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- Arson is a KDE frontend to various CD burning and ripping tools. It was originally written to burn audio CDs, as there were no other frontends that used cdrdao (in disk at once mode), that could decode various encoded audio formats (mp3, ogg), and that displayed an accurate track length as the playlist was created. Arson was later expanded to include full progress display for all lengthy operations, audio CD burning, normalization of tracks before burning to even out volumes, data CD burning, CdIndex support (a free CDDB-like service), CD-to-CD copying (direct or with an intermediate file), and audio CD ripping/encoding (ripping tracks from a CD to files), and encoding to WAV, MP3, and Ogg Vorbis formats is supported. Data CD burning and [S]VCD image creation and burning are supported.
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word. Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.
- This is a GUI program designed to help the newcomer (and veteran) with the Linux Command Line Interface (CLI). It is designed to be a 'helper' in the sense that one can store favorite / useful commands for quick retrieval and use later. It is designed to be a reference as well, it has a 'starter' database of 170+ Linux commands.
- Dolphin is the default file manager in the KDE Plasma Workspaces, intended to be both powerful and easy to use.
- fbxkb is keyboard indicator and switcher that shows a flag of the current keyboard in a system tray area and allows you to switch to another one. It is NETWM compliant.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation. Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface. You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games. The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
- FlowerAttack is a screensaver with OpenGL graphics that acts as a particle system that emits images that move towards the viewer. Both spacy and cozy savers can be created. It supports presets, any number of emitters per preset, and custom images (five built-ins are included). Speed, color, and movement can be edited with real-time feedback from the preview. It requires accelerated OpenGL.
- Commonly referred to as GRASS, this is free Geographic Information System (GIS) software used for geospatial data management and analysis, image processing, graphics/maps production, spatial modeling, and visualization. GRASS is currently used in academic and commercial settings around the world, as well as by many governmental agencies and environmental consulting companies. GRASS is an official project of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. GRASS contains modules for raster data manipulation (2D and 3D voxels), vector data manipulation, rendering images on the monitor or paper, multispectral image processing, point data management and general data management, as well as tools for interfacing with digitizers, scanners, and SQL databases as PostgreSQL, and other through an ODBC interface.
- Gwenview is a simple image viewer for KDE 2.0. Image loading is done by the Qt library (so it supports all image formats your Qt installation supports). It features a folder tree window and a file list and thumbnail window for easy navigation in your file hierarchy and uses docked windows so you can alter the layout.
- 'K3b' is a CD and DVD burning application for GNU/Linux systems optimized for KDE. It provides a comfortable user interface to perform most CD/DVD burning tasks, such as creating an audio CD from a set of audio files or copying a CD. While the experienced user can influence all steps of the burning process, the beginner may find comfort in the automatic settings and the reasonable defaults which allow a quick start. The actual burning is done by the command line utilities cdrecord, cdrdao, and growisofs.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.