My name is John Sullivan, and I'm the executive director at the Free Software Foundation, and a bureaucrat here on the Directory.
You can reach me at email@example.com, or on the Discussion page here. I'm a subscriber to the directory-discuss mailing list as well.
If this is list is valuable to you, I'd appreciate a small donation to the FSF at https://donate.fsf.org.
Software I use often
(Work in progress... Will add notes about how and why I use these programs, and populate/update the corresponding Directory entries.)
My ideas for the Directory
- Individuals listing software they use, linked to the Directory entries.
- Make sure there is a good feedback loop, so that people are notified about entries they submit.
- Make sure that the guidelines are presented during any transaction where someone submits a new entry or edits an existing one.
- A healthy way of featuring particular programs, both on the Directory site itself and in the Free Software Supporter.
- Wordpress and other blogging plugins that simplify auto-linking names of programs to their Directory entries
- A healthy way of directing funding to appropriate places to help with listed project development
- Make Collections of software used at the FSF and other organizations.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.