Records, distributes, and replays X11 protocol data
Xnee is a suite of programs that can record, replay and distribute user actions under the X11 environment. Think of it as a robot that can imitate the job you just did. Xnee can be used to:
- Automate tests — nightly automatic regression tests
- Demonstrate programs — record and replay a user interaction with your system
- Distribute actions — teacher's actions can be sent to all student's desktops
- Record and replay 'macro' — Tie a key modifier combination (e.g using xrebind) to replay a recorded session. The macro is WM- and program independent.
- Retype a file — When testing an editor, Xnee can type in the content of a file. This can be compared with the original.
released on 6 May 2014
Accepts cryptocurrency donations.
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/sources/xnee co xnee
28 May 2010
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|VCS Repository Webview||https://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/xnee|
|Required to use||X11|
|Required to use||RECORD and XTest extensions|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 11 June 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.