Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- HandBrake is a graphical video converter.
- Title / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
- SimpleScreenRecorder is a graphical tool that lets you record videos, with or without sound, of your desktop, of your games… It can record in various formats, with different quality settings.
- Totem is the official movie player of the GNOME desktop environment based on xine-lib or GStreamer.
It features a playlist, a full-screen mode, seek and volume controls, as well as keyboard navigation. Features include:
- Play any xine or GStreamer supported file (depending on the backend chosen, defaults to xine)
- LIRC support
- Shoutcast, m3u, asx, SMIL and ra playlists support (also usable from a shipped LGPL library)
- DVD (with menus), VCD and Digital CD (with CDDB) playback, disc-type automatically detected
- TV-Out configuration with optional resolution switching
- 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, stereo and AC3 Passthrough audio output
- Full-screen mode (move your mouse and you get nice controls) with Xinerama, dual-head and Viewport support
- Remote operation mode to control a running Totem
- Seek and Volume controls
- Aspect ratio changing, Scaling based on the video's original size
- Full keyboard control
- Playlist with Repeat and Shuffle modes, with saving feature and drag'n'drop reordering
- Gnome and Nautilus integration (Totem registers the file-types, adds a menu item, uses the proxy configuration, saves sessions, and registers pnm, mms, uvox and rtsp schemes, removes playlist items from a disc that's getting ejected)
- Video thumbnailer for the file manager
- Webcam utility (in development)
- Nautilus properties tab
- A Mozilla plugin
- Properties window (information about the current movie)
- Drag'n'drop and mousewheel actions
- Screenshot feature
- Brightness, Contrast, Hue and Saturation control
- Visualisation plugin when playing audio-only files
- Telestrator mode using Gromit
- Video thumbnailer
- Nautilus properties page
- Works on remote displays
- Optional GTK+-only build
- Automatic external subtitle load, or manual (only on the command-line, use like: totem file:///file.avi#subtitle:file.srt)
- DVD, VCD and OGG/OGM subtitles and languages support
- Dialog for more accurate seeking
- Authentication dialogs when location requires it
- Right-to-Left languages support
- UnTV is a DRM-free media center platform for home theater computers, allowing users to browse a large catalog of content available via BitTorrent and instantly stream that content, providing an experience similar to that of Netflix. UnTV is controllable via touchscreen devices on the same local network or the keyboard and exposes an API for developing extensions and plugins.
- UnPlug scans web pages and tells you where media players are getting their data from, and allows you to easily save the media file. UnPlug works for lots of sites including youtube.com, video.google.com, metacafe.com, vimeo.com, veoh.com and lots, lots more. UnPlug your Plug-Ins and view media however you want!
- YouTube All HTML5
- With this addon you can play almost any video on YouTube and many videos on Vimeo as a HTML5 video. This includes videos with monetization enabled which normally don't play in the html5 player.
With standard settings, videos are automatically loaded in the HTML5 player.
- Select different methods to force the HTML5 player
- Change the size of the video player (manually or automatically)
- Disable Flash only on YouTube
- Disable the YouTube SPF function (active by default)
- youtube-dl is a small command-line program to download videos from YouTube and a few more sites.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.