Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- AndStatus is a low traffic social networking client with tree-like threaded conversations. It supports multiple protocols, including GNU social (StatusNet, e.g. Quitter.se, LoadAverage, Vinilox, etc.), Twitter and Pump.io AndStatus can combine your accounts from all networks into one Timeline, and it allows you to read and post even when you are offline.
For Android OS version 4.1 or more.
- Choqok is a Free, fast, efficient and simple to use micro-blogging client for K Desktop Environment. The name comes from an ancient Persian word and means Sparrow! Currently, Choqok support Twitter.com and Identi.ca micro-blogging services.
- Friendica is a communications platform for integrated social communications utilising decentralised communications and linkage to several indie social projects - as well as popular mainstream providers.
- GNU FM
- GNU FM is a piece of software you can install on your own web server, to run a music community site, similar to Libre.fm or Last.fm. You can use it for your family, your business, your band, or just for yourself.
- Known is an open, flexible social publishing platform. Publish in a group or as an individual with a variety of media, from blog posts and photographs to files and points on a map. Each post can be private or public; every Known site as a whole can be private or public. It works on any device, from the biggest, strongest desktop to the most entry-level smartphone, as long as it comes with a web browser.
- Libertree allows users to create their own social network; it is implemented as an XMPP component and a web application.
- MongooseIM is aimed at large, complex enterprise level projects where real-time communication is critical for business success. It provides high availability, ease of deployment, development and reliability in production.
- Small and fast microblogging client written in GTK2 using the Vala language. Pino supports both twitter and identi.ca
- postActiv is a microblogging social networking software which federates with other microblogging software using the OStatus, ActivityStreams, and Webfinger protocols. It is a fork of the GNU social project intended to include a variety of improvements.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.